|Release||17 September 2009 (Update)|
|High alch||360 coins|
|Low alch||240 coins|
|I should try cooking this.|
|Exchange||4,371 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Raw rocktail is a fish found in the Living Rock Caverns. Rocktails require level 90 Fishing and give 380 Fishing experience per catch. Raw rocktails can be cooked into rocktails at level 93 Cooking for 225 Cooking experience and are one of the highest healing one bite foods in the game.
Rocktails require a normal fishing rod (in the inventory or tool belt) and living minerals as bait, which can be obtained by mining a living rock creature's remains or bought through the Grand Exchange. The Living Rock Caverns, however, are quite dangerous, as players may be attacked by aggressive level 95 monsters. Fishing in the official world for Living Rock Caverns (83) can be safer, as the large number of players there will provide safety. Any of the shark outfits or the magic golem outfit can be worn to make the living rock creatures non-aggressive.
Fishing rocktails gives between 40,000 Fishing experience an hour, with level 90 Fishing, and 45,000 Fishing experience per hour, with level 99 Fishing. A player with level 99 Fishing can catch around 120 raw rocktails an hour, giving a profit of 519,240 coins per hour (not accounting for the cost of signs of the porter).
Catching[edit | edit source]
|Fishing XP||380 XP|
|Equipment XP||44.84 XP|
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
|Divine rocktail bubble||N/A|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Barrows: Rise of the Six||?||120–150 (noted)||1/11||N/A|
|Falador resource bundle||N/A||1–3||Unknown||N/A|
|Oculi apoterrasaur||94||15–35 (noted)||75/1000||N/A|
|Pavosaurus rex||96||17–32 (noted)||Common||N/A|
|Telos, the Warden Standard||2000||138–1,518||Uncommon|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Rocktail are very similar to RuneScape aquanites and the real-life Angler fish, as they have a bio-luminescent esca (fleshy-like stem with a bulb that emits natural light) on their heads.
- A player levelling a fishing rod-o-matic or augmented crystal fishing rod by catching raw rocktails would need to catch 894.7 rocktails to reach level 10 or 1,827.8 to reach level 12. This would cost 39,380 or 80,432 coins and give a profit of 3,872,665 or 7,909,756 coins.