This article is about the raw version. For the cooked version, see Rocktail
Raw rocktail is a fish caught from rocktail shoals, found in the Living Rock Caverns. Rocktails require level 90 Fishing and give 380 Fishing experience per catch. Raw rocktails can be cooked into rocktails at level 93 Cooking for 225 Cooking experience and are one of the highest healing one bite foods in the game.
Rocktails require a normal fishing rod (in the inventory or tool belt) and living minerals as bait, which can be obtained by mining a living rock creature's remains or bought through the Grand Exchange. The Living Rock Caverns, however, are quite dangerous, as players may be attacked by aggressive level 95 monsters. Fishing in the official world for Living Rock Caverns (83) can be safer, as the large number of players there will provide safety. Any of the shark outfits or the magic golem outfit can be worn to make the living rock creatures non-aggressive.
Fishing rocktails gives between 40,000 Fishing experience an hour, with level 90 Fishing, and 45,000 Fishing experience per hour, with level 99 Fishing. A player with level 99 Fishing can catch around 120 raw rocktails an hour, giving a profit of 574,320 coins per hour (not accounting for the cost of signs of the porter).
Rocktails can also be caught via swarm fishing at the Deep Sea Fishing hub. This does not require any bait or Fishing level, though catch success depends on the player's Fishing level.
[view] • [talk]
|33.8 XP||-||4 (2.4s) / 0 (0s) [recipe 1]||4,865|
| Divination level||98|
| Members only|
|Raw manta ray||2||3,172||6,344|
- ^ When creating a single item
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ...You'd Best Come A-cookin' ( 25) – Cook a rocktail on a range in the Falador area.
- Catching Some Rays ( 25) – Non-ironman:
Catch a manta ray in the Fishing Trawler activity.
Successfully cook a rocktail on the Witchaven dock.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 4 May 2021 (Update):
- New transmutations added to game with Divination skill updates.
- Rocktail are very similar to RuneScape aquanites and the real-life anglerfish as they have a bio-luminescent esca (fleshy-like stem with a bulb that emits natural light) on their heads. Raw anglerfish exist in Old School RuneScape.
- A player levelling a fishing rod-o-matic or augmented crystal fishing rod by catching raw rocktails would need to catch 894.7 rocktails to reach level 10 or 1,827.8 to reach level 12. This would cost 70,705 or 144,412 coins and give a profit of 4,283,470 or 8,748,808 coins.