Fury shark outfit
|Fury shark outfit|
|Release||26 March 2015 (Update)|
|Head||Fury shark head|
|Body||Fury shark body|
|Legs||Fury shark legs|
|Hands||Fury shark hands|
|Feet||Fury shark feet|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The fury shark outfit is a Fishing outfit that is acquired from combining the shark, tiger shark, and burnt shark outfits. The outfits can be created at an Invention workbench at level 80 Fishing and level 20 Invention after being discovered, by combining 54,000 shark fragments total. Alternatively, individual outfit pieces can be obtained by exchanging bonus experience in Vic's Store or with a Portable Trader. Once combined, it is not possible to separate the pieces again. However, for cosmetic purposes, each piece of the fury shark outfit may be recoloured to shark, tiger, burnt, or fury by using right-click options.
Pieces of the outfit will work with any non-combined pieces from other shark outfits as long as all other pieces are of the same outfit.
Set effects[edit | edit source]
When the full set is worn, it has the following effects:
- +7% catching chance while Fishing (stacks with the Call of the sea auras and the crystal rod).
- 10% chance to catch an extra fish (experience is also awarded for the extra fish but does not work on fishing Divine locations). This effect does work on Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing, and does not give extra invention experience.
- A 50-60% chance to save bait on each catch.
- Removes aggression from living rock creatures.
- Inherits the Fishing outfit's 5% experience boost (1% per piece), even if the outfit is destroyed. Pieces of the fishing outfit have to be worn at least once.
- The ability to toggle "consume all" caught fish or "catch all" caught fish.
The "consume all/catch all" caught fish ability can be toggled by right-clicking on the fury shark head. If the "consume all" option is selected and the extra fish effect is triggered, both fish are consumed, and you will gain double the experience instead. Wearing a sign of the porter will have no effect if the consume option is enabled.
The consume option will also not affect the acquisition of prawn balls and crackers, golden fish eggs, and the slimy egg. The consume option also does not affect crystal urchins while fishing at the Prifddinas Waterfall. The option also does not affect any type of Fishing urn held in the inventory while fishing as they will still continue to be filled although no fish are received.
Using a Fishing rod-o-matic or augmented crystal fishing rod while having the consume fish effect active WILL result in gaining experience for the item. The Furnace perk will still work with the consume option on.
Outfit pieces[edit | edit source]
|Fury shark head|
|Fury shark body|
|Fury shark legs|
|Fury shark hands|
|Fury shark feet|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Scales of the Sea ( 10) – Own the Fury Shark outfit.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 10 February 2020 (Update):
- Daily fishing challenge can now be completed when setting the Fury Shark outfit to "consume fish".
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- A duplicated Karambwan vessel will no longer be dropped to the floor if using the Shark fishing outfits in conjunction with it.
- patch 12 March 2018 (Update):
- The Fury shark outfit animations no longer play when fishing for Jellyfish and Sailfish.
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- Fishing outfits set to consume will no longer eat big fish intended to be made into trophies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The design of the shark outfits, resembling anthropomorphic sharks, recalls the cartoon series Street Sharks.
References[edit | edit source]