|Release||11 June 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||9 coins|
|Low alch||6 coins|
|Exchange||380 coins (info)|
|I should try cooking this.|
|FAQ • doc|
Raw herring is a fish that can be caught by a player at level 10 Fishing, granting 40 Fishing experience. Players must use a normal fishing rod at any net/bait fishing spot in RuneScape with fishing bait. Raw herring can be cooked into herring at level 5 Cooking. Doing so is a Lumbridge beginner task.
Assuming no burning, each raw herring cooked would yield a profit/loss of -310 coins.
Catching[edit | edit source]
|Fishing XP||30 XP|
|Equipment XP||3.54 XP|
Fishing locations[edit | edit source]
There are 12 fishing locations for Herring:
- Draynor Village: To the south of Draynor Village's bank
- Thurgo's Peninsula: South of Port Sarim, dotting the western shore of the peninsula, located behind the church and near Thurgo's shack
- Karamja (Members): North-west Karamja
- Lumbridge Swamp: At the east side of the swamp
- Al Kharid: South-west of Al-Kharid Bank
- Wilderness Bandit Camp: The small pond
- Catherby beach (Members): On the beach, south-east of the bank.
- Entrana (Members): Platform to the south-east.
- Feldip Hills (Members): West of the hunter area
- Barbarian Outpost (Members): West coast of the peninsula.
- Fishing Platform (Members): Various spots
- Rellekka: the port just north from Peer the Seer, north-west from fishing stall
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Dagannoth (Lighthouse)||77; 78||4||Common|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|'Two Feet' Charley's Fish Shop||Mos Le'Harmless||16||Coins||10|
|Gerrant's Fishy Business||Port Sarim||16||Coins||0|
|Harry's Fishing Shop||Catherby||16||Coins||0|
|Lumbridge Fishing Supplies||Lumbridge||16||Coins||0|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||94.5%|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A Monty Python reference is revealed if players use a herring (cooked or raw) with any tree in RuneScape except the one outside the Draynor Village bank, in which the security guard is hiding. The text will say "This is not the mightiest tree in the forest", in reference to one of the lines in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. If used with the Grand Tree, the text replies "It can't be done!" in reference to another line in the movie.