|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Points of interest|
|No. of banks||1|
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of small obelisks||1|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Catherby is a small, members-only fishing town located south-east of Camelot and west of White Wolf Mountain. It is the ultimate "go to" town for fishermen of all levels due to the variety of fishing spots available. It is also a popular town for Woodcutting, due to the vast amount of trees to the west of the town. This town is also recommended for farmers of all levels because of the allotment farming patches north of town, which are close to a bank and a farming shop, and the fruit tree patch immediately to the east of town.
There is a range in Catherby to cook fish and some farmed produce. Catherby is also a convenient place to train Herblore after completing Druidic Ritual, as limpwurt roots and tarromin can be planted with a Farming level of 26 to make strength potions. There are also unicorns to the west, whose horns are used in making antipoison. Vials can be filled with water using one of the town's water sources. Useful objects can be caught with a big net bought from the fishing shop. With level 41 Fletching, oysters caught can be chiselled into pearl bolt tips, giving 6.25 Fletching experience per shell. Seaweed can also be caught, which is an ingredient for glass blowing.
To the east of Catherby is White Wolf Mountain. This area can be deadly to low-level players because of the aggressive white wolves. To the west of Catherby are Camelot and Seers' Village and to the south-west is the mighty city of East Ardougne, the capital of Kandarin.
- 1 Getting there
- 2 Features
- 3 Shops
- 4 Catherby farming patches
- 5 White Wolf Mountain Agility grapple shortcut
- 6 Taverley Dungeon To Catherby Agility grapple shortcut
- 7 Catherby shore fishing spots
- 8 The houses of Catherby
- 9 Trader Stan's Catherby Charter Post
- 10 Quests
- 11 Monsters
- 12 Update history
- 13 Trivia
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Teleport to Catherby directly by using the Lodestone Network
- Teleport to Seers' Village using the Lodestone Network and walk south-east.
- Cast Camelot Teleport or use a Camelot teleport tablet and walk south-east.
- Sail to Catherby's port using a charter ship.
Features[edit | edit source]
- A bank that is conveniently placed to bank fish, farming-related items and various types of logs
- A variety of Fishing spots: three for big nets and harpoons, two for fishing rods and small nets and two for lobster pots and harpoons
- A variety of Farming patches: two allotment patches, a flower patch, herb patch and a fruit tree patch
- Yew trees and willow trees for Woodcutting
- Various stalls for Thieving: a bakery stall, two fish stalls, two sets of vegetable stalls and two wine stalls
- A Master Farmer
- An Agility grapple shortcut to Taverley that provides a quick link between both of the towns
- An Agility grapple shortcut from Taverley Dungeon to Catherby
- A convenient range for cooking, right next to the bank
- Transportation to other docks by chartering a ship
- Three water sources
- A wheat field
- A musician
- A small obelisk
Shops[edit | edit source]
Arhein's Store (Catherby general store)[edit | edit source]
Arhein's Store offers the following default general store items. If players talk to Arhein through the dialogue box, he will offer to sell them pineapple and seaweed for 2 coins each. Players may buy 40 pineapple and 80 seaweed every day by talking to Arhein.
Candle Shop[edit | edit source]
There is a crate next to the candle-maker that is used to smuggle players to Keep Le Faye during the quest Merlin's Crystal. The candle shop also sells the black candle for a bucket of wax during the quest
Harry's Fishing Shop[edit | edit source]
Harry's Fishing Shop sells basic fishing equipment including small fishing nets, fishing rods, harpoons, lobster pots, fishing bait, and big fishing nets. He carries a larger than normal supply of harpoons - 1000, respawning 300 every 24 hours (one every 4 minutes 48 seconds), providing an ample supply for Summoning needs. Harry will also sell a tiny net costing 10 coins which is then used to catch a pet fish. It is purchased through his dialogue rather than the shop stock. Players must have a fishbowl containing water and seaweed in order to buy it.
Hickton's Archery Emporium[edit | edit source]
Hickton's Archery Emporium sells low-level arrows and bolts. He also has a variety of bows from the regular bows to maple bows, along with the ogre comp bow. He sells arrowheads from bronze-rune, selling in batches from 100 (bronze) to 10 (rune).
Trader Stan's Trading Post[edit | edit source]
Vanessa's Farming Shop[edit | edit source]
Vanessa's Farming Shop sells filled plant pots, secateurs, rakes, spades, and has a stock of basic hops.
Catherby farming patches[edit | edit source]
The farming spots to the north of Catherby are a popular spot to train Farming. There are two allotment patches for growing vegetables, one herb patch for growing various herbs used in Herblore, and one flower patch for growing flowers to help protect other produce. Wandering nearby is, as usual, a handy tool leprechaun. If the compost bin is full or rotting, the nearby Farming store is handy for selling low-level crops.
Dantaera[edit | edit source]
Dantaera is the master farmer of the Catherby farming patches. She will happily look after a players crops for a fee. She also runs a small farming shop.
White Wolf Mountain Agility grapple shortcut[edit | edit source]
Near the fruit tree patch on the shores of Catherby is an one way Agility shortcut into Taverley which allows players to grapple up a small cliff. It is indicated on the minimap with the shortcut icon. A hidey-hole can be built on the cliff. A hidey-hole is a buildable storage spot to store a crossbow and grapple and eliminates the need to carry one. To construct the hidey-hole, level 45 Construction is required as well as a saw and hammer (the tool belt works), 4 oak planks, an iron crossbow, mithril grapple and 4 nails. Level 32 Agility, 35 Ranged and 35 Strength as well as completion of the Fishing Contest quest is also required. This shortcut cannot be used from Taverley.
Taverley Dungeon To Catherby Agility grapple shortcut[edit | edit source]
An unmarked Agility grapple shortcut is located on the island containing the obelisk of Water. (The location of this shortcut is not indicated on the minimap.) This agility shortcut grapples from the island to the Catherby shore. The island is reached by climbing the ladder within the black dragon spawn area in the Taverley Dungeon.
A hidey-hole can be built for this 1-way grapple shortcut. It appears as a "Convenient rock" near a "Grapple column" on the island and spans the water to a "Strong tree" on the Catherby shore. The hidey-hole is a buildable storage spot to store a crossbow and grapple and eliminates the need to carry a crossbow and grapple to use the shortcut. To construct the hidey-hole, level 49 construction is required as well as a saw and hammer (the tool belt works), 4 teak planks, mithril crossbow, mithril grapple and 4 nails. Level 36 Agility, 39 Ranged and 22 Strength is required to use the shortcut. This shortcut is helpful when using the Obelisk of Water by eliminating the need to backtrack through the dungeon and provides quick access to a bank in Catherby. However, players cannot return to the obelisk of water or Taverley Dungeon by this method as there is no access on the Catherby shore.
Catherby shore fishing spots[edit | edit source]
An abundance of fishing areas exists close to the east side of the town's bank. There are 2 Net/Bait spots, 2 Cage/Harpoon spots, and 3 Net/Harpoon spots, allowing players to use fishing equipment such as small nets, big nets, harpoons and lobster pots to catch numerous different types of fish. Due to the ease of access to raw fish, Catherby is a great place to feed a pet kitten to help age it.
The houses of Catherby[edit | edit source]
Trader Stan's Catherby Charter Post[edit | edit source]
From here players can charter a ship to take them to the following places:
- Brimhaven - trip will cost 480 coins
- Karamja (Musa Point) - trip will cost 480 coins.
- Port Khazard - trip will cost 1600 coins.
- Port Phasmatys - trip will cost 3500 coins. (The Priest in Peril quest needs to be completed to be able to sail here.)
- Port Sarim - trip will cost 1000 coins.
- Port Tyras - trip will cost 3200 coins. (The Regicide quest needs to be completed to be able to sail here.)
- Shipyard - trip will cost 1600 coins. (The The Grand Tree quest needs to be completed to be able to sail here.)
- Mos Le'Harmless - trip will cost 1750 coins. (The Cabin Fever quest needs to be completed to be able to sail here.)
- Oo'glog - trip will cost 1700 coins. (The As a First Resort quest needs to be completed to be able to sail here.)
By wearing a ring of charos (a), players will only be charged half of the above prices (there is no charm option, so it may not be noticed). Completing the Cabin Fever quest also halves the prices. If players have completed both the Cabin Fever quest and are wearing a ring of charos (a), they will only be charged a quarter of the above prices (travel to/from Mos Le'Harmless is already halved due to the requirement of completing Cabin Fever to access it).
Quests[edit | edit source]
Quests start points In Catherby[edit | edit source]
- Fishing Contest - Talk to Vestri the dwarf at the entrance to the tunnel under White Wolf Mountain located north of Catherby.
Quests involved with Catherby[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Man, level 4
Guard, level 9
Unicorn, level 15
Wolf, level 16
White wolf, level 30
Big Wolf, level 43
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 22 January 2018 (Update):
- A force walk tile was removed from an area near Catherby.
- Some blocked tiles were removed from in front of a bench in Catherby.
- patch 2 October 2017 (Update):
- The spawn point for one of the unicorns has been relocated so that it will no longer spawn on the Catherby allotment patch.
- patch 16 January 2017 (Update):
- Certain doors with the hinges on the wrong side in Catherby have been fixed.
- patch 21 November 2016 (Update):
- A number of force-walk tiles in Catherby near a signpost have been fixed.
- patch 13 January 2014 (Update):
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- The bank worker who never seemed to open his bank booth has been fired.
- patch 23 August 2011 (Update):
- The Catherby agility shortcut no longer causes items on the ground to rise when used.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The time on the clock in Catherby's bank, 10:04, is a reference to Back to the Future.
- From a week before the release of the quest "The Hunt for Red Raktuber" and then forth, players can see a submarine's periscope peeping through the water, which is most likely the penguin submarine from the quest.
- In a hidden update, the music tracks Stillwater, Saltwater, Freshwater Mellow, Waterfall, Voyage, and Fruits de Mer now play in the town. Before, Fishing played in Seers' Village.
- On 28 April 2012, a rift appeared near the Catherby fishing spot, as a teaser for the upcoming release of the Runespan.
- Catherby was graphically reworked on 30 August 2016.