|Release date||2 November 2004 (Update)|
|Points of interest|
|No. of banks||1 Bank deposit box|
(Peer the Seer with Fremennik sea boots or during The Fremennik Trials)
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of small obelisks||1|
|Leader||Brundt the Chieftain|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Rellekka is a town in the Fremennik Province located by the Lunar Sea, serving as the region's capital. It is home to the Fremenniks, a hardy people who place great value on tradition. All Fremennik living there must pass a series of tests known as The Fremennik Trials, which players themselves can undertake, in order to be considered adults. Should players pass these trials themselves, they will be considered honorary Fremennik, be addressed by their Fremennik name, and gain access to all the facilities of the town.
Rellekka acts as a hub for travelling to the various islands of the Lunar Sea, with boats sailing to and from Miscellania, Jatizso, Neitiznot, Lunar Isle via Pirates' Cove, Waterbirth Island and V's Island. It is also located near the Brine Rat Cavern and Fremennik Slayer Dungeon, and hosts a Rellekka Hunter area to the north-east of the town.
The town is ruled by a council, who decide whether outsiders can be considered Fremenniks. It was the site of the Battle for Rellekka.
Getting There[edit | edit source]
- Fremennik sea boots 4 teleport directly to the Rellekka market square
- Lodestone teleport to Fremennik Province. Run west into the town.
- House Teleport or Teleport to house (chipped) to the POH portal just south of Rellekka.
- Enchanted lyre teleport to the town's south entrance
Banks[edit | edit source]
There are no banks in Rellekka, but the nearest ones are on the islands of Neitiznot and Jatizso, Miscellania and Etceteria, or at Seers' Village. However, if the player has started but not yet completed The Fremennik Trials, or if they have completed the Easy Fremennik Province Tasks, then players can deposit their items with Peer the Seer.
Stores[edit | edit source]
|Sigmund the Merchant||─||Marketplace|
|Rellekka Longhall Bar||─||Longhall|
|Fremennik Fur Trader||Marketplace|
|Skulgrimen's Battle Gear||Behind the Longhall|
|Yrsa's Accoutrements||West of Marketplace|
Marketplace[edit | edit source]
The marketplace is perhaps the most important part of Rellekka. It is a well-known thieving spot and is frequently visited by hunters and fishermen.
In the marketplace, there are many thieving spots, including 3 fish stalls and 2 fur stalls. There is also a Fremennik wandering around that can be pickpocketed. It is not so easy to steal from the stalls, though, as they are heavily guarded by Rellekka's Market guards. Sigmund the Merchant also sells a variety of goods in a general store-like shop that many players don't know about, as it is not shown on the world map.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Brundt the Chieftain, Chieftain of the Fremennik tribe. He is very knowledgeable about their history. He plays a key role in many local quests.
Manni the Reveller, a warrior who spends most of his time drinking in the longhall. He is said to be unbeatable in a drinking contest.
Sigmund the Merchant, a merchant who sells his wares in the marketplace.
Volf Olafson, a young boy who awaits his father, Olaf Hradson's, return.
Dron, a paranoid Fremennik who talks in riddles.
Blanin, brother of Dron.
Swensen the Navigator, the Fremennik's greatest navigator. His name consists entirely of compass points.
Yrsa, sells a large variety of clothing and will also change the player's default boots.
Agnar, Fremennik citizen.
Borrokar, citizen with a nice bed.
Longhall Bouncer, comments on the player's great singing.
Bjorn, a rather drunken man in the longhall.
Freidir, a Fremennik citizen.
Pontak, the farmer.
Freygerd, a Fremennik citizen.
Lensa, a Fremennik citizen.
Inga, a Fremennik citizen.
Sassilik, a Fremennik citizen.
Town Guard, guards standing watch over the southern entrance to the town.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Rellekka is currently home to six quests: The Fremennik Trials, The Fremennik Isles, Lunar Diplomacy, Olaf's quest, Glorious Memories and Blood Runs Deep. The Fremennik Trials begins in the Main Hall of Rellekka, and Lunar Diplomacy begins in the westernmost deck of the town. The Fremennik Isles begins on the north-eastern most dock. Olaf's Quest begins north-east of Rellekka by talking to Olaf Hradson. Glorious Memories begins in the Fremennik Longhall by speaking to Manni the Reveller. Blood Runs Deep is started on Lunar Isle but Rellekka is heavily involved in the storyline.
The port[edit | edit source]
Rellekka, built next to the sea, is a thriving port town. Ships travel to and from Rellekka regularly. From Rellekka it is possible to travel to:
- Centre dock
- West dock
- Pirates' Cove, speak to Lokar Searunner - Requires part of Lunar Diplomacy. Points of interest include swamp tar respawns and moss giants.
- Waterbirth Island, speak to Jarvald - Points of interest include snape grass respawns, rock crabs, and Waterbirth Dungeon.
- North dock
- Fremennik Isles - Also known as Neitiznot and Jatizso. Jatizso requires a small amount of The Fremennik Isles quest, while Neitiznot requires a little more. The quest is started on the docks. Points of interest include yaks, the spinning wheel, Jatizso Mines, ice trolls, anvils, two banks, a tannery, several shops, a furnace, range, water source.
- North-east of Rellekka
- Iceberg - Although technically not part of Rellekka's port, the small boat east of Rellekka will take players to the Penguin Outpost, home to the penguin agility course.
Apart from all of this, there are also dozens of fishing spots on the docks.
Surroundings[edit | edit source]
- House portal: A portal where a player-owned house can be located.
- Keldagrim: To the east is an entrance to the dwarven city.
- Golden Apple Tree: A tree upon which the apples are golden.
- The bridge: To the south is the bridge required for walking access.
Skill training[edit | edit source]
Banks[edit | edit source]
If players have started The Fremennik Isles, they can take a boat to Jatizso or Neitiznot and use the bank there. If players have finished part of the Fremennik Province Tasks, they can talk to Peer the Seer to bank their items.
Thieving[edit | edit source]
The marketplace of Rellekka is an excellent place to thieve. There are 3 fish stalls and 2 fur stalls, guarded only by level 48 market guards which patrol the area. There are also many people who can be pickpocketed, and several chests with loot such as nature runes, coins, and steel arrowheads.
Fishing[edit | edit source]
The docks in Rellekka are teeming with fish. In fact, Rellekka has one of the largest varieties of fishing spots in all of RuneScape. Within Rellekka it is possible to catch shrimp, sardines, herring, anchovies, mackerel, trout, cod, tuna, lobster, bass, swordfish, and shark. While big net fishing it is also possible to get seaweed (useful in crafting), leather boots, leather gloves, and caskets. To support all of these facilities, there is a fish trader who will buy and sell raw fish, as well as fishing supplies such as bait. In fact, the distance between Peer the Seer and the fishing spots is less than the distance between the Catherby bank and the Catherby fishing spots, making this an even more efficient training spot than than the more commonly used Catherby spots.
Cooking[edit | edit source]
There are two firepits in the main lodge that never die out. Players can obtain raw fish by fishing in the nearby spots, or buy/steal them from the fish monger in the market. There is also a dairy cow and churn to make milk into dairy products like butter, cream, or cheese. There is also a small non-player-owned field where players can pick cabbage, onions, and potatoes for cooking.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
The mine north-east of the longhall contains several clay rocks. By using the well south-east of the longhall and pottery features west of the marketplace, it is possible to craft any clay item within Rellekka. If players build their player-owned house there, they can also craft teleport tablets in Rellekka.
It is also possible to craft glass without ever leaving the area. By big net fishing, it is possible to gather seaweed. Even faster, though, is the method which involves the north-eastern beach. North-east of the village is a large beach swarming with rock crabs (which drop seaweed), as well as many seaweed respawns. The sandpit is in northern Rellekka and the furnace is in western Rellekka.
In addition, there is also a flax field just south of the village. The spinning wheel in Rellekka allows players to make bowstrings without leaving the village.
Mining and Smithing[edit | edit source]
To the north-east of the longhall of Rellekka there is a mining area. There is a furnace and an anvil just on the other side of town, in the south-west corner. When paired with the expansive mine on Jatizso, this area can be used effectively. This is the ideal spot for mining coal if players are wearing the Fremennik sea boots and have access to the bank in Jatizso. Talk to Peer the Seer to deposit their ores, then just go to Jatizso and pick them up at the bank when the player is ready to smelt.
Hunter[edit | edit source]
The nearby Rellekka Hunter area hosts a large variety of creatures to capture and is one of the largest hunter spots in RuneScape. In Rellekka, there is a fur trader who will buy all hunter fur. There also seems to be a large amount of Implings in the area, particularly on the path to the south of the city.
Construction[edit | edit source]
Players with level 30 or higher construction may move their house to Rellekka by talking to one of the Estate agents in Varrock, Seers' Village, East Ardougne, or Falador. The nearby clay mine, oak trees, and regular trees are excellent for gathering building materials. The nearby Stonemason in Keldagrim also is extremely helpful when building more high-levelled furniture.
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
- Seaweed - Respawns on the beach, amongst the rock crabs.
- Beer - A mug of beer respawns in the longhall.
- Tankard - An empty mug respawns near the beer in the longhall.
- Keg of beer - This item cannot be picked up, as Manni will yell at players when they try.
- Bucket of milk - Respawns in a small hut on the eastern side of town.
- Iron pickaxe - Respawns on the beach, amongst the rock crabs and hobgoblins.
- Bronze hatchet - Respawns on the beach, amongst the rock crabs and hobgoblins.
- Bones - Respawns on the beach, amongst the rock crabs.
- Knife - Respawns on the beach, amongst the rock crabs.
- Nature runes - Two of these respawn near the beach on a small island. They can only be obtained through the use of the Telegrab spell.
- Sapphire - A cut sapphire respawns near the nature runes on another small island. Like the nature runes, this can only be obtained by using the Telegrab spell.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Load of Bakulla ( 5) – Hear the Epic of Bukalla in the Rellekka longhall.
Music[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- A tree stump which was very close to the Rellekka lodestone has been removed.
- ninja 17 October 2016 (Update):
- More travel cutscenes can be skipped with the toggle, including boats to and from Rellekka, icy hunter area canoe, Mort Myre Swamp boat and the boat to the iceberg.
- patch 18 July 2016 (Update):
- An issue with a Fremennik boat having two examine options has been fixed.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The transition travelling between Waterbirth Island and Rellekka has been fixed.
- patch 26 November 2013 (Update):
- An unnecessary force-walk property has been removed from a selection of tiles near Relleka.
- patch 4 January 2011 (Update):
- Fixed a graphical issue with the Rellekka docks on the minimap.
- Reworked a minimap dot for a dairy cow in Rellekka.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The geography of Rellekka and the surrounding areas is very similar to that of Iceland and the other Nordic countries.
- The beach to the north has a peninsula that closely resembles Scandinavia, where Vikings originated from.
- Many of the characters' names are references to famous figures in Norse folklore.
- The ladder in Thorvald the Warrior's house allows one to select "climb-up" on it twice, however upon selecting this option from the attic with the Nature rune chest, a message appears to inform the player that "The roof gets in the way".
|Part 1 of the Fremennik quest series|
|Part 6 of the Fremennik quest series|