Leaping salmon, in order to be caught, requires a Fishing level of 58 and a Strength and Agility level of 30, providing 70 Fishing experience, 6 Strength experience, and 6 Agility experience. It can only be caught at Otto's Grotto with a barbarian rod with feathers or fishing bait after starting Barbarian Fishing.
It cannot be cooked but can be used with a knife to cut it open, which always gives roe, and may also give fish offcuts, providing 10 Cooking experience. The roe and offcuts serve as bait, so if the player has a high enough Cooking level, and manages the cuts right, they essentially have an endless supply of bait. The order in which bait is used first is as follows: bait, feathers, offcuts, roe, caviar.
[view] • [talk]
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 17 June 2019 (Update):.
- It is now possible to add barbarian fish to player owned farm troughs.
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Players will no longer start gutting leaping fish when using drag-and-drop from their inventory or bank.
- patch 3 December 2013 (Update):
- All instances of "Cut" now read "Gut" when trying to gut fish.