|Release||13 August 2001 (Update)|
|doc • Talk page|
The Demonic Ruins are the remains of Annakarl, located deep in the Wilderness. The Ruins are inhabited by greater demons and several burnt bone spawns. In members' worlds, Kal'gerion demons and a lone blood rune spawn are present.
Annakarl was presumably destroyed during the battle for the Zarosian fortresses in 3100 of the Third Age during the God Wars. Prior to the introduction of the Wilderness Volcano (after being overrun with monsters) and Forinthry Dungeon, the ruins were the only place where free players could fight greater demons.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- The fastest way to get here is to use the Annakarl Teleport from the Ancient Magicks spellbook.
- Use an Obelisk (Wilderness) to teleport to the obelisk located near the Rogues' Castle in level 50 Wilderness, then run south east through the gate and continue west. Those with a Wilderness sword 3 or better may choose to be teleported to this obelisk directly. Otherwise, teleports are random and it may take several tries to reach this specific obelisk.
- An alternative is to teleport using a boss portal or the chest found at any of the elite dungeon locations to the Dragonkin Laboratory and then walk out from there, this also provides quick banking in a safe area by Edward, but this area cannot be re-entered if in combat.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Demonic Ruins can be found in the Free-for-all arena of Clan Wars. However, there is no sign of the demons except for a large skeleton.
- During the RuneScape 2 beta, there was a blood rune spawn in the ruins which was accessible to both members and non-members.
- Prior to the Runescape HD update, there were two oreless rocks with a "mine" option in the ruins.
- Before the Bounty Hunter and Clan Wars updates, these ruins used to be frequented for clan wars as they are a deep wilderness multicombat zone.
- The Demonic Ruins originally contained greater demons, but Kal'gerion demons were added in following the introduction of slayer monsters into the Wilderness.