Leaping trout require 48 Fishing and 15 Strength and Agility to catch, providing 50 Fishing experience, 5 Strength experience, and 5 Agility experience. It can only be caught at Otto's Grotto north of Baxtorian Falls, and only with a Barbarian rod with feathers or bait after starting Barbarian Fishing. It cannot be cooked but can be used with a knife to cut it open for roe and/or fish offcuts, providing 10 cooking experience.
The priority, in which bait is used first, is: bait, feathers, offcuts, roe, then caviar. You cannot feed your cat leaping trouts or any barbarian fish. However, you can feed it roe. Also, giant crabs will eat barbarian fish.
[view] • [talk]
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 17 June 2019 (Update):.
- It is now possible to add barbarian fish to player owned farm troughs.
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Players will no longer start gutting leaping fish when using drag-and-drop from their inventory or bank.
- patch 3 December 2013 (Update):
- All instances of "Cut" now read "Gut" when trying to gut fish.