This article is about the raw version. For the cooked version, see Great white shark
Raw great white sharks can be fished at level 80 Fishing with a harpoon for 130 Fishing experience. They can be cooked at level 84 Cooking into a great white shark, which give 212 Cooking experience ands heal 2,100 life points each. After unlocking the tier 5 prawn perk to catch great white sharks at a Prawnbroker in a player-owned house, a raw great white shark will be received half the time when fishing at shark spots instead of a raw shark. They can also be fished bare-handed at a Fishing level of 96 and a Strength level of 80 if Barbarian Fishing has been completed for 90 Strength experience. At level 85 Agility, there is a chance to catch two great white sharks at once.
They can also be fished at the Deep Sea Fishing hub if the player uses Great white shark bait on a magical fishing spot. Players are only recommended to catch them this way if they do not have access to the aquarium or have not unlocked the prawn perk. Catching them here gives 200 Fishing experience. They can also be randomly caught in the Swarm (fishing spot) without the prawn perk requirement, but even if a player has a very high Fishing level, catching them would be very rare and higher level fish will be more common.
Catching great white sharks at a fishing spot will count towards a Fishing Daily Challenge for shark and Barbarian shark. When the challenge is turned in, raw great white sharks are turned in first with the remainder being raw sharks. However, they will not count towards a Cooking challenge for shark, and normal raw sharks must be used instead.
Unlike a cooked great white shark, a raw great white shark can be used to create great maki and great gunkan at level 84 and 91 Cooking respectively.
[view] • [talk]
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 12 March 2018 (Update):
- Raw great white sharks can now be used to feed the Sea Monster in the Deep Sea Fishing encounter.
- ninja 1 June 2015 (Update):
- Great white sharks will now count towards the 'Shark' and 'Barbarian shark' daily fishing challenges.
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Players can now use raw great white sharks on the tackle box from fish flingers.
- patch 27 April 2015 (Update):
- Catching a great white shark will now contribute towards earning your next prawn ball.
- Despite technically being a raw shark, a raw great white shark cannot be used to recharge the enchanted lyre. Whether this is intentional or an oversight is unknown.
- Previously, they did not count for Barbarian Shark Daily Challenge. This was amended on 1 June 2015, and great whites now work on both Barbarian and regular shark fishing challenges.
- Catching one of these barehanded at Burgh de Rott counts for the "Fremennik Export" Morytania elite task.
- Despite being collected via the same spots as sharks, these cannot be obtained via Fishing Trawler.
- They are not affected by a Prawn penny nor Prawn pound. This also means they don't consume charges when fished.