This article is about the raw version. For the cooked version, see Great white shark
Raw great white sharks can be fished at level 80 Fishing with a harpoon for 130 Fishing experience. They can be cooked at level 84 Cooking into a great white shark, which gives 212 Cooking experience and heal 2,100 life points. After unlocking the tier 5 prawn perk to catch great white sharks at a Prawnbroker in a player-owned house, a raw great white shark will be received half the time when fishing at shark spots instead of a raw shark. They can also be fished bare-handed at level 96 Fishing and level 80 Strength if Barbarian Fishing has been completed for 90 Strength experience. At level 85 Agility, there is a chance to catch two great white sharks at once. The option to catch great white sharks alongside regular sharks can be toggled on or off in the Construction section (under Skills & Experience) in the Gameplay Settings tab in settings.
They can also be fished at the Deep Sea Fishing hub if the player uses Great white shark bait on a magical fishing spot. Players are only recommended to catch them this way if they do not have access to the aquarium or have not unlocked the prawn perk. Catching them here gives 200 Fishing experience. They can also be randomly caught in the swarm fishing spot without the prawn perk requirement, but even if a player has a very high Fishing level, catching them will be very rare and higher level fish will be more common.
Unlike a cooked great white shark, a raw great white shark can be used to create great maki and great gunkan at level 84 and 91 Cooking respectively.
A couple of spawns can be found in the Temple of Aminishi near Ahoeitu the Chef.
[view] • [talk]
|Swarm||Deep Sea Fishing hub||4||68 Fishing||Show on map|
|Magical fishing spot||Deep Sea Fishing hub||8||68 Fishing||Show on map|
|Big fishing net, Harpoon||Fishing Guild||8||68 Fishing||Show on map|
|Big fishing net, Harpoon||Catherby||3||None||Show on map|
|Big fishing net, Harpoon||Rellekka||4||None||Show on map|
|Big fishing net, Harpoon||Ape Atoll||2||Monkey Madness||Show on map|
|Big fishing net, Harpoon||Burgh de Rott||21||In Aid of the Myreque||Show on map|
|Big fishing net, Harpoon||Jatizso||5||The Fremennik Isles||Show on map|
|Big fishing net, Harpoon||Feldip Hills||3||None||Show on map|
|Big fishing net, Harpoon||Elf Camp||1||Regicide||Show on map|
|Big fishing net, Harpoon||Southeast Anachronia||3||None||Show on map|
|Big fishing net, Harpoon||Oikoi (households) - The Everlight||1||None||Show on map|
|Big fishing net, Harpoon||Dominion Games stadium - The Everlight||2||None||Show on map|
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 9 November 2015 (Update):
- Unlocking the great white shark no longer references the Hero interface.
- patch 27 April 2015 (Update):
- Catching a great white shark will now contribute towards earning your next prawn ball.
- Despite technically being a raw shark, a raw great white shark cannot be used to recharge the enchanted lyre. Whether this is intentional or an oversight is unknown.
- Previously, they did not count for Barbarian Shark Daily Challenge. This was amended on 1 June 2015, and great whites now work on both Barbarian and regular shark fishing challenges.
- Catching one of these barehanded at Burgh de Rott counts for the "Fremennik Export" Morytania elite task.
- Despite being collected via the same spots as sharks, these cannot be obtained via Fishing Trawler.
- They are not affected by a Prawn penny nor Prawn pound. This also means they don't consume charges when fished.