Raw karambwan is a cephalopod native to the tropical island of Karamja. Fishing for karambwan requires level 65 Fishing, a karambwan vessel, untradeable raw karambwanji bait, and at least partial completion of the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest, and grants 105 Fishing experience per catch.
A karambwan vessel is given to the player during the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest. The raw karambwanji bait is caught by using a small net in the lake south of Tai Bwo Wannai (Fairy ring CKR). Karambwan can steal the bait from the vessel without being caught. Additionally, players must manually bait the vessel each time, making karambwan fishing click intensive. However, karambwan is caught almost instantly when the vessel is used.
Players can also buy raw karambwan from Tiadeche in Tai Bwo Wannai Village for 440 coins each.
Raw karambwan can be caught much faster if players have access to the fairy rings; they can use code CKR to go to the karambwanji fishing spot, and code DKP to go to the karambwan fishing spot north of the shipyard and east of the harpie bug swarms. Fairy rings also provide fast access to a bank (in Zanaris) from either spot.
Raw karambwan can either be cooked poorly or thoroughly. If cooked poorly, the player will get a poison karambwan. If cooked thoroughly, the player will get a cooked karambwan. Poison karambwan cannot be cooked again to obtain a cooked karambwan. To cook karambwan thoroughly, players must first speak to Tiadeche after finishing the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest, although after that, players can still choose to cook poison karambwan.
Catching a karambwan is required for the medium Karamja Tasks, and cooking one thoroughly is required for the hard Karamja Tasks.
[view] • [talk]
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
- The only fishing spot is on the north-east of Karamja, north of the Shipyard. Fairy ring DKP is very close.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 4 December 2012 (Update):
- Using a single karambwan on a fire no longer only lets you cook poison karambwan.
- patch 12 October 2011 (Update):
- Fishing karambwan now gives the correct 105xp instead of 5xp.
- patch 21 September 2011 (Update):
- The Task system’s pop-down message did not appear when you completed the To Catch a Karambwan task.
- patch 12 April 2010 (Update):
- Reduced the price/shop stock restrictions on the following items: bananas, apple pies, redberries, cooked and raw karambwan, lobsters and oranges.