|Release||14 July 2008 (Update)|
|High alch||3 coins|
|Low alch||2 coins|
|Some cooked crayfish. Eat it to heal.|
|Exchange||54 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|1||30 (33)||4 (2.4s)||54|
|Burn level||34||Cook-o-matic 25||?|
|Requires a range or a fire|
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
|Attuned portent of restoration I||N/A|
|Portent of restoration I||1,481|
Location[edit | edit source]
Crayfish are mostly caught at fishing spots wherever a "cage/net" option is available. However, they are exclusively caught in the section of the River Lum found east of the church in Lumbridge, or in Taverley, a bit south-east of the farming patch, where the Taverley River extends.
There is a relatively short distance between the fishing spot and the Cook's range in Lumbridge Castle. Once a player has completed the Cook's Assistant quest, they are able to use the Cook's range which reduces the rate at which food burns when cooking on this special range.
History[edit | edit source]
Crayfish were introduced to the game with the Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks on 14 July 2008. Although they were not originally featured in the tasks, they were included in the non-set tasks with the Tasks update on 24 November 2010.
Before the introduction of crayfish, the closest low-level fishing spot near Lumbridge was in the Lumbridge Swamps. This spot, however, was far away from a fishing shop, a general store, or monsters good for training. The crayfish fishing spot is conveniently located in an area close to many other low-level features.
There is a tutorial message that states using a crayfish on a range or open flame will give Firemaking experience.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The image of this fish has changed repeatedly. Between September–October 2009, it changed two times. They started as three small crayfish, were changed to a single small crayfish for about three weeks, then changed to a large one, similar to an upside-down lobster. It also once had a detailed icon of 3 detailed crayfish in the Grand Exchange database.
- Despite requiring only level 1 Fishing to fish crayfish, it heals the same amount as anchovies, which require level 15 Fishing to fish. This is probably because the latter is supposed to be used as an ingredient in anchovy pizzas.
- The crayfish used as bait in the Fish Flingers Distraction and Diversion are grey instead of brown.