The leaping sturgeon is a fish which requires 70 Fishing, 45 Strength, and 45 Agility to be caught, providing 80 Fishing experience, 7 Strength experience, and 7 Agility experience. It can only be caught at Otto's Grotto with a barbarian rod and suitable bait after starting Barbarian Training.
While it cannot be cooked, using a knife on a leaping sturgeon will produce caviar, providing 15 Cooking experience, as well as sometimes producing fish offcuts. This is the only leaping fish to give caviar. Caviar is used in Herblore to make barbarian mixes.
It is wise when gutting a full inventory's worth of sturgeon to leave one open space in the inventory, as unlike roe received from other leaping fish, caviar is received from every sturgeon gutted. This means having a full inventory will stop the player from gaining fish offcuts alongside the caviar.
[view] • [talk]
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 17 June 2019 (Update):.
- It is now possible to add barbarian fish to player owned farm troughs.
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Players will no longer start gutting leaping fish when using drag-and-drop from their inventory or bank.
- patch 3 December 2013 (Update):
- All instances of "Cut" now read "Gut" when trying to gut fish.