|Release||22 April 2014 (Update)|
|A huge, aquatic monster.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|0 / 0 / 0|
6 ticks (3.6s)
|Not immune||Immune||Immune||Not immune|
|NPC ID||19323, 19332, 19333, 19334|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Agoroth is a large Crassian and the final boss of the novice quest A Shadow over Ashdale, who emerges from the Empress after you have defeated four of his tentacles. He has a maximum of 39,600 life points (scaled with the player's level), and can be fought weekly after the quest as a Distraction and Diversion.
His attacks include a water jet that knocks players to the back of the boat where the boss fight is situated, where his large tentacles will deal 1/10th of the player's maximum life points per hit. He also has a typeless melee attack, where he attacks with his claws, that hits for 1/30th of the player's maximum life points. The water jet only sprays one half of the boat and can be avoided by moving to the other side. The water jet attack does 1/30th of the player's maximum life points each hit.
After half his health has depleted, Agoroth may temporarily shield himself from attacks and spray acid from above, dealing 1/6th of the player's max life points on contact. The shield blocks direct damage from player, however area of effect attacks (such as Death's Swiftness or Sunshine) and damage over time effects (such as Combust or Dismember) may continue to harm him. The damage from acid sprays can be avoided by running away from shaded spots. Players can also run up the ladders at the rear of the ship to be shielded from all attacks, including the tentacles.
After the quest, Agoroth may be fought again in the Ashdale Caves by accessing the Dead Man's chest. Entering the caves after the quest will bring the player directly to the Agoroth boss room and the Dead Man's Chest will be placed prominently in front of the player. Successfully defeating Agoroth again grants a listed reward that may go up to 41,290 coins, or a black pearl that provides bonus experience equivalent to a prismatic medium fallen star in the skill of the player's choice. The reward can be claimed by searching the chest again after the fight. Non-members are only able to kill Agoroth once per week, while members are able to kill him twice per week.
The fight is safe; if killed, players will respawn on the ship at the beginning of the fight, but if all four tentacles are already killed they do not have to be killed again. Although players cannot leave the ship until Agoroth is killed, players can go up the stairs to the section at the back and then exit to the lobby to escape the fight.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 July 2018 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that caused certain combat bonuses gained from equipment to block progression to the 2nd of the Agoroth encounter.
19 March 2018:
- Agoroth now has new sounds for his attacks and a health bar that shows his remaining life points.
- patch 4 September 2017 (Update):
- Agoroth will no longer deal damage to players after they kill him in certain rare scenarios.
- patch 24 July 2017 (Update):
- Agoroth is now slightly weaker during the Shadow over Ashdale quest, so that he is now nicer to newer or lower-levelled players.
- patch 8 February 2016 (Update):
- patch 2 November 2015 (Update):
- patch 5 October 2015 (Update):
- Dying at the same time as the Agoroth fight ends will no longer result in an unsafe death.
- patch 21 September 2015 (Update):
- After completing their weekly battle against Agoroth, free players will now be clearly informed that they cannot claim black pearl Bonus XP.
- Agoroth's entry on the Minigames tab now mentions the Bonus XP and coin rewards.
- The coin reward for defeating Agoroth each week has been doubled.
- A message has been added after defeating Agoroth, prompting you to claim your reward from the dead man's chest.
- patch 2 March 2015 (Update):
- Players will no longer get stuck in the Agoroth fight when fighting with an upgraded Mask of Sliske.
- patch 23 February 2015 (Update):
- Some erroneous DirectX environment lighting in the Agoroth encounter has been fixed.
- patch 1 July 2014 (Update):
- The Ancestral Spirits aura no longer prevents players from killing Agoroth.
- The correct state is now shown for Agoroth on the D&D Tracker in the Companion App for free players.
- patch 23 June 2014 (Update):
- The Agoroth fight will now reset on Wednesdays every week, to remain consistent with other weekly D&D events.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The music that plays while battling Agoroth, although it is unnamed, is the "Vorago" track that is unlocked in Vorago's Borehole.
- Defeating Agoroth before an update on 21 September 2015 gave players half the coins.
- On some accounts, there may be a visual glitch in the rewards interface, showing for instance that the maximum bonus XP from a black pearl is 12,359. However, when redeeming the pearl the player will get the reward of a prismatic medium fallen star.
- Upon killing the tentacles, they will drop bones which are unreachable, do not show up on the minimap, and can only be noticed by the drop hint showing their value.
|Distraction and Diversions locations (Lite)|
|Bosses & Mini-bosses|