Patch Notes (18 July 2016)
These Patch Notes were announced on 18 July 2016 by Mod William.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- Some gravestones have been removed from the graveyard east of the Slayer Tower and replaced with more ghouls.
- The Sword of Edicts no longer bounces around when sheathed.
- The Summoning pouch trade-in interface now uses the new interface style.
- The model of the reborn phoenix pouch has been updated in High Detail to be more consistent with other pouches.
- The pools of water in the Meilyr district of Prifddinas have been re-textured, and some obtuse height mapping has been smoothed out.
- The model of the augmented dragon rider lance has been updated.
- The unused off-hand shadow glaive inventory model now matches the used and broken variants.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- All players participating in the combat activities of Port Sarim Invasion will now receive tokens, not just the top three damage-dealers.
- Bonfires in Prifddinas now have a cook option.
- The Crackling perk no longer tries to use blood spells when activating.
- The Turtling perk now also scales with the equipped shield's level.
- The Bulwark perk now scales correctly.
- The larger rock entry on the Mining skillguide (used to make ornate bowl for Tears of Guthix) is now marked as members only.
- The Fremennik Trials quest requirement is now displayed as a requirement for skeletal armour on the Skill Guide.
- A failed batch of pigswill no longer causes the brewing vat to disappear.
- Herb burners no longer continue to burn herbs after they have despawned.
- Elite slayer monsters have become more intelligent, and so no longer get stuck on walls, unable to reach the player.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- Players can now reset Gower Quest by looking into the Crate of Returning on the Gower farm.
- Players can now unlock Tim & Crunchy as follower pets by speaking to them in the BTS bar.
- A typo in the marrentill Herblore challenge has been corrected.
- Agoroth now only spawns once in the boss fight in NXT.
Seren Spell Improvements
- Opal Aurora's cost has been lowered from 2 soul runes down to 1.
- The Opal Aurora damage cap has been increased from level 85 damage to level 88.
- The Sapphire Aurora damage cap has been increased from level 87 damage to level 88.
- The Sapphire Aurora effect now causes prisms of loyalty to drain 10% less life points.
- The Sapphire Aurora effect now causes prisms of salvation to have a 6.6 second cooldown (3.6 second with Light form), down from 9.6 seconds.
- Emerald Aurora's damage cap has been increased from level 89 to level 90.
- Emerald Aurora's damage reduction buff effect has been increased to 24 seconds, up from 6 seconds.
- Ruby Aurora's damage output buff effect has been increased to 24 seconds, up from 6 seconds.
- The Ruby Aurora's buff activation rate has been improved to 1/20 (1/10 with Light form) when using abilities.
- The accuracy of the Prism of Salvation's teleport has been improved.
- The Prism of Salvation's teleport range has increased from 6 to 8 tiles.
- XP gained has been added beside the RuneMetrics tracker to replicate previous functionality. Please note, if the tracked skill is "Lots!", the tracking mode must be set to "this session" for these to appear. This setting can also be toggled.
- A percentage of loot is now kept when dying while on a kill streak at Telos.
- There is now a streamlined loot process to speed up the Telos loot and increasing enrage process. This can be toggled on the Telos loot interface.
- Tooltips have been added to the Telos loot interface for better information of different prize tiers & kill streaks.
- Revolution no longer stops working when Storm Shards is in the first slot of an action bar and the target already has 10 stacks.
- Araxxor's attacks are now delayed while playing the descent animation upon entering phase 3 from the middle path.
- Araxxor no longer continues to reflect damage for a short period of time after the web shield is removed.
- Using Immortality to survive an instant-kill attack now consistently returns players to 40% of their max life points.
- Reprisal now correctly deals magic damage with a staff or wand equipped.
- Bosses in The Heart now only display the relevant essence as special rewards on the Beasts tab.
- Beastmaster Durzag will no longer push players out of the arena on death.
- Corrected some mentions of 'cystals' to 'crystals' during the Light Within.
- Players will no longer see two buff icons when activating a Clan Citadel booster.
- Fetcher has skipped too many arm days and so can only retrieve loot for one raids boss at a time. Players can now choose which boss to retrieve loot from in any order.
- Fetcher has been diligently attending leg day, and hence players can now reroll their raid loot from Fetcher if they have sufficient reputation or reroll tokens.
- Fetcher has read up on human etiquette, and hence has dropped the habit of stating players had used a reroll token when they actually hadn't. Repeatedly.
- Some blocking has been added on the wheel of a Karamja ship.
- Some examine issues with the Lucky Subjugation set have been fixed.
- The grammar for Drakan's medallion when there is only 1 charge remaining has been corrected.
- An issue with a Fremennik boat having two examine options has been fixed.
- Two rogue tiles in the Lumbridge courtyard have had blocking removed.
- The messages when changing to the ancient spellbook at the Desert Treasure pyramid have been corrected.
- The examine on the doors to the dwarven houses in the Underground Pass has been fixed.
- Some grammar in the Adventurer's Log when finding a new Bilrach book has been fixed.
- The Wise Old Man now checks the bank for all outfits that can be reclaimed from Diango when searching for junk.
- Used ascension grips are once again classed as a members' object.
- Combat XP selection can now be toggled by individual skills. Notably, this means players can now train Attack and Strength together without Defence. However, players may not deselect every skill option.
- The Fight Kiln entrance now has a right-click option to toggle skipping the cutscenes.
- Fist of Guthix no longer allows the use of Prism of Restoration, Prism of Salvation, Prism of Loyalty, Intercept, Shield Dome, Soul Link and Teamwork Protection.
- Removed the delay when checking the health of a fruit tree.
- The World Wakes's combat level requirement is now a recommendation, rather than a requirement.
- The Max Guild's crystal tree teleport no longer places players on the wrong side of the Seers' Village flax field fence.
- Donie now avoids the Combat Academy.
- The Momentum combat mode has been removed due to its incredibly low usage rate. Players currently in Momentum will be switched to Legacy combat mode upon login.
- Allowed use of abilities on chompy and jubbly birds.
- The Lucky perk no longer triggers while the Resonance ability is in effect.