Memorial to Guthix
|Memorial to Guthix|
|Release date||9 January 2017 (Update)|
|Area||Piscatoris Hunter area|
Memorial to Guthix is a Divination Distraction and Diversion revolving around the late god Guthix. The main objective is to find engrams scattered all around Gielinor and to charge them by using divine energy and memory strands found while training Divination. These charged engrams can then be used to create echoes which can be placed in the temple to unlock passive benefits, grant Divination experience, and reveal lore about Guthix's life on Gielinor.
Completing the set of echoes once is a requirement for the completionist cape and the master quest cape. Unlocking the ability to activate five buffs at once by prestiging three times is a requirement for the trimmed completionist cape.
Below the pool at the Memorial to Guthix, players with at least level 70 Divination can access the Hall of Memories.
Location[edit | edit source]
The memorial site is located in the Piscatoris Hunter area, just north of the ferrets and Nickolaus's camp and just south of the Phoenix Lair and the Airut. Players can teleport directly to the shrine through the use of memory strands, Sixth-Age circuit, or a charged engram.
Tutorial[edit | edit source]
The tutorial can be started by talking to Orla Fairweather, standing directly by the entrance of the memorial site, who explains about the site and its function. The following steps are required to complete the tutorial:
- Talk to Orla Fairweather. She gives 80 memory strands and a Naragi engram.
- Charge the engram (check the orb and click through the option) with 500 pale energy and return to Orla.
- She will take the engram from you and add it to the pool of energy. She says you should assign that echo to one of the plinths surrounding the pool.
- Around the pool behind her are 12 plinths. 'Check' an echo plinth. You need to add the echo to one of the empty plinths.
- After you have added the echo re-check the same plinth. Interact with the echo and return to Orla.
- Orla will tell you to interact with a butterfly statue. At one end of the pool is a statue of butterfly wings. Investigate it.
- Activate the Harmony of Naragun buff at the fountain of energy by selecting one passive effect. The statue will change.
- Return to Orla once more.
Engrams[edit | edit source]
Each time an engram is picked up, a Guthixian butterfly will appear, granting experience in a player's lowest skill when caught. Butterflies only last a short time before they disappear. This will only happen the first time an engram is picked up during each prestige; players cannot pick up and destroy engrams to continuously spawn Guthixian butterflies.
Locations and buffs[edit | edit source]
|Naragi||Harmony of Naragun||Given by Orla Fairweather during the tutorial. After each prestige, it can be found in Naragun, north and then west from the fairy ring (AIS), on the floor of Guthix's house. Requires partial (almost full) completion of The World Wakes quest, up to the point where players visit Naragun with Guthix. It may also be picked up during one portion of Desperate Times and Extinction.|
|Elder Sword||Time-worn Memories||Found at the Void Knights' Outpost, on the south-east end of the island directly east of the bank on top of a barrel near the beacon under a canopy. This can be reached by using the Port Sarim lodestone and selecting the 'Travel' option at the Squires to the east.|
|Fairy||Fairy Fire||Found under the mushrooms by the sand pit, east of the wheat field in Zanaris. Can be reached using any Fairy Ring and heading east once inside Zanaris. Lost City has to be completed in order to reach Zanaris.|
|Gnome||Argento's Kindness||Found in the south central dead end of the Gnome Maze. If entering from the southeastern entrance (near Fight Arena pub), the engram can be seen over the wall and clicking on it should make the character walk there. The path will take the player north-west and then back south. A fast method to reach this engram is to use the Watchtower teleport, enter the maze to the north, and head west to the engram.|
|World Gate||Ethereal Connection||Found near the rocks northeast of World Gate. Easiest to reach by using Sixth-Age Circuit teleport to World Gate.|
|Druid||Shared Knowledge||Found right next to the Altar of Guthix on the ground in Taverley.|
|Stone of Jas||Stored Power||Found on a shelf on the northern wall of the Fist of Guthix cave after entering the south purple portal. Can be reached using Falador lodestone and heading east into the Gamers' Grotto or the games necklace. It is recommended to grab the Balance Elemental engram further to the east while here.|
|Sheep||Wisp Herder||Found on the table of Fred the Farmer's house in northern Lumbridge. Master camouflage outfit's teleport to the Thieves' Guild and Lumbridge Teleport on the normal spell book lead close.|
|Sword of Edicts||Decree of Mortality||Found near the Sword of Edicts in the centre of the Wilderness Crater. Telegrab item does not work.|
|Guardians of Guthix||Guardian of Life||Found south of the Tears of Guthix D&D. Easiest to reach by using Games Necklace, Quest Cape or Master Quest Cape teleport to Tears of Guthix.|
|Balance Elemental||Abyssal Transit||Found inside the centre standing stone, north of Falador, east of the lodestone. This is close to the Stone of Jas engram, which is in the Fist of Guthix cave (in Gamers' Grotto) directly west of this engram.|
|Time||Sempiternal Souvenirs||Found on the south side of Glarial's tombstone, north-west of the Fishing Guild, under a bush at the base of a tree. Can reach by using Ardougne lodestone or Skills necklace teleport to Fishing Guild.|
Charging[edit | edit source]
To charge an engram, click it to "check" it, and follow the dialogue.
The following table lists the number of strands and the number and type of energy required to charge each engram at each of the prestige levels. Energies are tradeable and can be purchased, so the level required to gather them is not needed. After prestige 3, the amount of energy and number of strands required stays the same.
|Engram||Energy type||Prestige 1||Prestige 2||Prestige 3+||Total|
|Sword of Edicts||Bright||120||450||220,500||168||630||308,700||216||810||396,900||504||1,890||926,100|
|Guardians of Guthix||Glowing||140||500||195,000||196||700||273,000||252||900||351,000||588||2,100||819,000|
|Stone of Jas||Incandescent||300||150||55,650||420||210||77,910||540||270||100,170||1,260||630||233,730|
|Total||2,280 strands||4,350||1,639,800||3,192 strands||6,090||2,225,580||4,104 strands||7,830||2,861,460||9,576 strands||18,270||6,676,740|
Benefits[edit | edit source]
Upon handing in a charged engram players gain up to 68,769 Divination experience (at level 99). Handing each engram for the first time unlocks one of 12 echoes and its corresponding buff.
Initially, players are able to activate only one buff at a time. This can be increased to up to five through the prestige mechanic. Selected buffs are locked until the weekly reset but can be unlocked by adding an echo for the first time, rising up in prestige or spending 1,000 memory strands through the "Unlock-selection" option. Although it is not clearly stated in-game, only adding an echo for the first time will unlock the selection.
|Naragi||Harmony of Naragun||Guthixian butterflies will spawn instead of chronicle fragments. This does not affect elder chronicles or uncaught fragments spawned by other players.|
|Elder Sword||Time-worn Memories||The experience from converting memories inside Daemonheim is quadrupled.|
|Sword of Edicts||Decree of Mortality||Checking Hunting traps has a chance to yield Memory Shards. Memory shards can be transmuted into Divine energy products.|
|Guardians of Guthix||Guardian of Life||Planting seeds has a chance to yield Memory Shards. Memory shards can be transmuted into Divine energy products.|
|World Gate||Ethereal Connection||Boosts a spring's duration by 30 seconds, one time per spring.[a 1]|
|Druid||Shared Knowledge||Divine locations will grant 125% experience but yield no items.|
|Balance Elemental||Abyssal Transit||Chronicles will contribute twice as much power when empowering a crater.|
|Sheep||Wisp Herder||Converting memories has a small chance to spawn an additional wisp.|
|Time||Sempiternal Souvenirs||Pickpocketing now has a chance to yield Memory Shards. Memory shards can be transmuted into Divine energy products.|
|Fairy||Fairy Fire||Fire spirits from firemaking are upgraded to divine fire spirits, granting Divination experience, divine energy, and divine energy products.|
|Gnome||Argento's Kindness||Divine eggs may appear instead of bird's nests while woodcutting, granting Divination experience, divine energy, and divine energy products.[a 2]|
|Stone of Jas||Stored Power||The benefits from fully completing a Guthixian Cache will be bottled for later use.|
Prestige[edit | edit source]
After adding all echoes, players can reset their progress by right clicking the fountain of energy and selecting prestige, rising up in prestige, and removing all collected echoes from the plinths in the process. All the buffs remain unlocked at the fountain of energy even after the player has reset their progress; any buffs active at the time of prestige will remain active. To further increase prestige, all engrams must be re-obtained from their hiding places and charged again.
Rising up in prestige progressively allows the player to activate more buffs at a time. A player may only have up to five buffs active at once even if they continue to prestige past the third prestige.
|Prestige||Number of bonus or passive effects|
|After charging first engram||1|
|3+, with bonus from Hall of Memories||5 [b 1]|
Prestige also increases the rate at which memory strands are found, capping at five prestige cycles and stacking with the Seren buff from the Hall of Memories (see Memory strand § Gathering for more details).
After the first prestige, players may give extra memory strands to Orla Fairweather in batches of 1,000 for the Divination experience equivalent to a medium experience lamp. In addition, the teleport option for memory strands and charged engrams will teleport the player directly to the butterfly statue instead of outside the memorial entrance.
After completing the distraction and diversion for the first time, Orla will reward the player with 1,000 memory strands. Additionally, 1,000 can be claimed after reaching level 99 in Divination, another 1,000 after reaching virtual level 120, and the final 1,000 after reaching 200,000,000 Divination experience, adding up to a total of 4,000 memory strands. All available rewards are claimed at once.
Maximising experience[edit | edit source]
Players wanting to achieve the most experience per memory strand should continue to prestige rather than turning in extra memory strands for experience. Doing so will cost the player the same amounts of energies and strands as the third prestige, but gives more than 11 times the amount of experience, at the cost of extra energies and a few minutes to collect engrams. At level 99 Divination, charging and handing in all twelve engrams will grant about 825,228 experience, using 4,104 strands in the process. By comparison, turning in 4,104 strands directly to Orla would result in about 72,822 experience only.
Each Prestige gives another 40,512 experience.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Memories of Guthix ( 20) – Attune and hand all engrams in to the Memorial to Guthix.
- Memorialised More Than Once ( 50) – Prestige the Memorial to Guthix three times. (X/3)
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Memorial to Guthix|
|Developer||Mod Stu, Mod Orion, Mod Chaplain|
|Product Owner||Mod Joe|
|Art & Graphics|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 4 May 2021 (Update):
- Divination skill modification.
- The divination cape's perk no longer stacks with Ethereal Connection.
- Chronicles can now always be offered from Inventory, but the Abyssal Transit perk doubles the progress towards Overloaded Energy Rifts when dropping off Chronicle Fragments.
- Divination skill modification.
- patch 18 March 2020 (Update):
- The cost for charging engrams will now correctly cap after prestiging three times.
- patch 18 November 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue allowing you to collect additional engrams without first prestiging.
- patch 11 November 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that prevented you from being able to reclaim an engram after destroying it from the bank.
- patch 17 September 2018 (Update):
- Divine simulacrums will no longer give energy or portents when "Shared Knowledge" buff is active.
- patch 10 July 2017 (Update):
- patch 6 March 2017 (Update):
- Line breaks have been added to various Memorial to Guthix memories to improve readability.
- patch 6 February 2017 (Update):
- Players can now set specific colours for their Memorial to Guthix plinths, provided the colours have been unlocked.
- patch 16 January 2017 (Update):
- The bank chest in the Memorial to Guthix has been moved slightly north-west.
- The location was moved from the entrance of the memorial, to slightly inside it, possibly because of it being too close to a very accessible teleport location.
- An engram's hints have been altered to refer to 'The Thing' rather than 'The Beast'.
- Engrams now have a teleport option to the Memorial to Guthix.
- The bank chest in the Memorial to Guthix has been moved slightly north-west.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The butterflies and rabbits found in and around the memorial are named and have unique examines.
- Echoes have a different colour depending on which prestige level has been reached:
- Before prestige 1: Blue
- After prestige 1: Green
- After prestige 2: Gold
- Players can change the colour of each individual echo with colours they have unlocked by selecting the "Recolour" option.
- Prior to the release of the Deathbeard's Demise event, players could teleport directly to the memorial by using any of the event noticeboards found around RuneScape.
- The maximum possible prestige is 250.
References[edit | edit source]
|Distraction and Diversions locations (Lite)|