Patch Notes (24 July 2017)
These Patch Notes were announced on 24 July 2017.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- The archleather coif inventory icons have been centred.
- The models for the Mahjarrat that appear in Missing, Presumed Death have been updated.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- An issue with hotkeys at the options given after crafting logs has been fixed, so that they are correctly mapped to 1, 2 and 3 on the keyboard.
- The bracelet of clay will no longer consume charges while a stone spirit is actively banking ores when mining at the Ithell soft clay mine.
- The descriptions of the bonus package and sword polishing kit in Elof's Reward Shop in the Artisans Workshop have been tweaked to state that they are not required for the trimmed completionist cape.
- Mining Urns are now filled at the correct rate when using Crystallise.
- Players can now burn driftwood on permanent bonfire structures.
- The Skeletal Horror will now show the correct amount of life points in the preceding cutscene.
- Shifting Tombs now allows Ironmen and Hardcore Ironmen to form groups and play the content. They cannot group with non-Ironman players.
- Players can now get camouflage fragments from urns, chests, and doors in Pyramid Plunder.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- Agoroth is now slightly weaker during the Shadow over Ashdale quest, so that he is now nicer to newer or lower-levelled players.
- Players can now drag abilities onto locked action bar during Blood Pact while on Path System.
- A line of dialogue has been added to the Rune Mysteries quest to suggest wearing magic armour when attacking the vortex if the player found they were missing spells due to wearing melee armour.
- A spelling error in Another Slice of H.A.M. has been fixed.
- Ariane's voiceover during Rune Mysteries no longer begins explaining the Grey Order immediately after explaining the Red Order.
- Players can no longer bank with Arnold in Piscatoris before unlocking the town fully.
- Nomad no longer ignores the player in the first fight of Sliske's Endgame.
- A cactus patch has been added to Menaphos, north-east of the Grand Pyramid in the Imperial district.
- Six new hitsplats have been added for players in EoC. each choice can be selected via the Miscellaneous options window in 'Game Settings':
- Dark Blue
- Legacy (This displays EoC numbers when hitting an enemy with an ability)
- There is also the option to hide other players' ability damage hitsplats.
- Players can now toggle which hitsplat to see for ability damage dealt in the three combat skills by both themselves or other players.
- Players can now recast affinity spells (such as Vulnerability) when they are already active to restart the timer.
- Players now receive a message for successfully adding an affinity spell to an opponent.
- Players now receive a message for successfully binding an opponent.
- Ironman and Hardcore Ironman players will now have the appropriate icon will appear next to their name in broadcasted messages.
- Looting a Goebie Burial Charm will now automatically be converted into Teci if the player already has maximum reputation.
- Players can now purchase Mazcab reroll tokens for 7.5k Teci.
- It is now possible to share boss kill times in local, friends chat, clan chat or guest clan chat via right clicking the hourglass on the beasts interface.
- Players can now reset their hard mode boss time.
- The attack range on the melee jellyfish in the Mazcab raids encounter has been lowered.
- Player can no longer add an augmentor to a broken Zaros godsword.
- A typo with Rocky the skilling pet has been fixed.
- 'Duradel' is now spelled correctly on the Slayer skillcape perk list.
- Multiple typos have been fixed throughout Shattered Worlds.
- Chat has been adjusted for one line of the Whaler's dialogue in Ports that did not match his accompanying voice over.
- The clan event scheduler now displays the correct month when editing an event.
- The examine text of Dungeoneering runes has been updated to keep them in line with other runes in game.
- A typo on the Kethsi option within the World Gate menu system has been fixed.
- A typo on the Goshima teletab's examine has been fixed.
- Ensured that all of the text displays correctly when inspecting spells or abilities in the powers interface.
- A typo in young goebies' examines has been fixed.
- A grammatical error previously seen when attempting to add a keepsake item (as a copy) to the keepsake box has been fixed.
- The melee variant of the crystal shield no longer gives a magic defensive bonus.
- An issue where the right side of the friends list could not be clicked if the vertical separator was moved has been fixed.
- Items listed as always kept on death - including in the Wilderness - no longer overlap each other on the 'Items Kept on Death' interface.
- Skilling sets can now be reclaimed from Diango after keepsaking the item.
- Camel warriors will now correctly re-appear after killing multiple illusions at the same time.
- Players can now use the greater runic staff or wicked pouch to cast Enchant spells.
- The effective attack range of the Reprisal ability has increased to 15 tiles.
- Shadow nihils now correctly use their special attack when hissing within the pit of Freneskae.
- The Invite to Group option has been removed from Friends Chat options.
- The correct name is now used when inviting a player to a group via public chat.
- News broadcasts now all line up correctly.
- Spring Fayre tickets and tokens have been removed from the currency pouch.
- The Magister will now cast Freedom when affected by stuns.
- The soul talisman junk chance has been adjusted to 0%, in line with other talismans.
- The soul tiara is now tradeable on the Grand Exchange.
- Keris now works on scarab akhs.
- The clickable area on corrupted scarabs in Menaphos has been increased.
- The remaining count is now displayed when asking about an in-progress city quest task in Menaphos.
- A typo previously seen when discovering an alaeite crystal has been fixed.
- The big wolf on White Wolf Mountain no longer spawns inside a tree.
Last Week's Hotfixes
- 17/07, 13:15 UTC: A check that was stopping some items from being dyed has been fixed.
- 18/07, 13:35 UTC: The daily login check to reset the sand hand-in limit for the Build a Beach event for free players has been fixed.
- 19/07, 17:00 UTC: Ironmen can no longer use up Bonus XP while skilling at dune fracture locations.
- The left-click option on the Max Guild throne in Prifddinas has been changed from "sit in" to "admire".
- The 'Poorly Cooked Karambwan' trolls within the Troll Invasion minigame will no longer wander off too far.
- Player can now skip confirmation when chartering ships by selecting a 'Don't ask again' dialogue option.
- Grand Exchange sets for Bandos, Armadyl, Subjugation and Ceremonial armours have been added.
- The Raids reward shop now displays the correct price for Teralith, Tempest and Primeval chestplates.
- The Blacksmith within Shilo Village has adopted a no-door policy.
- The bank door in Jatizso has been jammed open.
- The Ardougne Monastery door now defaults to opened.
- The Quick Chat text for your deadliest Shattered World has been changed to state 'reached' instead of 'cleared'.
- Tool leprechauns can now store 1000 supercompost (up from 255).
- Tool leprechauns can now store 255 planks.
- Superior Ports armour now gets it value from its own tradeable versions, instead of Nex armour.
- A tree stump which was very close to the Rellekka lodestone has been removed.
- The dialogue box with Elen Anterth no longer appears when right-click trading with her.
- Seedicide now has "Inspect" as its default operation.
- The Water Altar has been moved to de-clutter the Shattered Worlds area.
- Dextrous components now correctly state shortbows rather than all bows.