Gameplay[edit | edit source]
To take part, one of the following must be completed:
- Completed or manually turned off tutorial mode
- Completed at least 60 Achievements
- Completed Let Them Eat Pie
To begin, speak to Copernicus Glyph who can be found in five major cities: Canifis (near the lodestone), Gu'Tanoth (just south-west of Yanille), Lumbridge (just west of the Lumbridge cow field, Prifddinas (in between the Amlodd and Ithell districts, directly west of the Tower of Voices), and Taverley (near the stone circle). Select a statue depicting a notable follower of one of five gods (Commander Zilyana for Saradomin; Juna for Guthix; K'ril Tsutsaroth for Zamorak; General Graardor for Bandos; Glarial for Seren) to be built then help erect the scaffolding.
Copernicus will decide the total amount of scaffolding, as well as the minimum and maximum heights of any individual scaffolding pillar. There are five scaffolding spots, and pieces can be added or removed by using the arrows at the base of each pillar. Once the maximum number of pieces are in place, click on Copernicus' portrait, and he will inspect the scaffolding positioning and tell the player if any pieces are right or wrong. He will always comment on all correct pieces in addition to one incorrect piece, so any pillars he doesn't comment on are incorrect. When all the scaffolding is correct, his portrait will glow green and work will begin on the statue.
The proper statue to construct depends on the area and its primary religion. If the proper statue is built, the appropriate god is honoured. However, if an improper statue is built, a fanatic will instead attack.
The quality of the statue vary dependent upon the builder's Construction level, while the fanatic depends upon the area and the builder's Slayer level. Boosts such as the crystal saw do not affect the statue quality.
Every month, fanatics succeed in destroying the previous statue, allowing them to be rebuilt on the first day of each calendar month. It is recommended to do this, especially for ironmen.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Location||Proper god statue|
|East of the northern bridge in north-eastern Lumbridge||Zilyana of Saradomin|
|Slightly south-east of the Canifis lodestone||K'ril Tsutsaroth of Zamorak|
|South-east of the Yanille lodestone near Gu'Tanoth||Graardor of Bandos|
|North of Pikkupstix's house in northern Taverley||Juna of Guthix|
|The westernmost platform in Prifddinas||Queen Glarial of Seren|
Fanatics[edit | edit source]
If the wrong god statue is built at a place where another god is worshipped, a fanatic aligned with that god will appear and will attack the builder when they pray at the statue. Should a player flee the scene, they must wait 1 minute before they may attempt to fight the fanatic again.
|Difficulty||level||Combat level||Weakness||Attack style|
|Easy||Saradominist zealot||Bandosian brawler||Zamorakian fanatic||Guthixian votary||Trahaearn automaton mk I|
|Medium||Saradominist initiate||Bandosian ogre||Zamorakian marauder||Guthixian spirit||Trahaearn automaton mk II|
|Hard||Saradominist knight||Bandosian ork||Zamorakian werewolf||Guthixian moss giant||Trahaearn automaton mk III|
|Elite||Saradominist magister||Bandosian shaman||Zamorakian warlock||Guthixian druid||Trahaearn automaton mk IV|
Statue types[edit | edit source]
|Statue quality||level||Saradomin & Zilyana||Zamorak & Kril Tsutsaroth||Bandos & Graardor||Guthix & Juna||Seren & Queen Glarial|
|Plain||1||Prifddinas requires 75 to enter.|
|Sturdy||32||Prifddinas requires 75 to enter.|
|Fine||52||Prifddinas requires 75 to enter.|
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Experience[edit | edit source]
Each statue completed will award Construction experience equal to a large XP lamp, while praying to a statue or killing a fanatic will award Prayer or Slayer experience equal to a medium XP lamp, capped at level 99.
- The Construction experience reward is not affected by wearing the Construction costume or sculpting chisel or by bonus experience.
- In a similar manner, the Prayer experience reward is not affected by bonus prayer experience or the First age outfit.
- Alternatively, the Slayer experience reward is not affected by wearing a "XP-bonus" slayer helmet (from turning in souls) and does not use bonus experience of the player.
Chisel[edit | edit source]
The sculpting chisel is a Construction tool that is earned by building a statue to a god in the same location for four months, which can be non-consecutive. There are five chisels, one dedicated to each god, though the difference is purely cosmetic. The chisel provides an invisible Construction boost of one level which stacks with other boosts such as the crystal saw, spicy stews, and tea, and grants an additional 1% experience gain while training Construction.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Reverent Sculptor ( 30) – Unlock all of the listed chisels from sculpting god statues and then talk to Copernicus Glyph.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 8 January 2018 (Update):
- The ground in the instance of the Lumbridge God Statue has been fixed.
- ninja 17 July 2017 (Update):
- A toggle has been added to the God Statue interface to skip the completion cutscene.
- ninja 18 January 2016 (Update):
- Players no longer need to run around the God Statue after building it in Prifddinas.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- Fixed an error with the hint arrow displayed for God Statues pointing to the wrong location.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Players can now use a monthly reset token on the God Statues D&D if they have completed 4 statues without access to the 5th Prifddinas statue.
- patch 22 July 2014 (Update):
- Legacy users will now see the correct minimap icon after completing a God statue.
- hotfix 26 November 2013 (Update):
- Players can once again interact with the game world correctly when using Ooglog pools, God Statues, and the Dungeoneering floor complete interface.
- patch 10 September 2013 (Update):
- Copernicus Glyph will now only appear in one place during the Lumbridge god statue building cutscene.
- patch 20 May 2013 (Update):
- Some of the messages when praying at a god statue have been changed to avoid stating that Guthix is happy
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon release, the experience given was counted from a different formula that gave only about 1/4 experience. This was changed a few hours after and players who had already completed their statues were able to rebuild them being awarded with correct amount of experience.
- Also upon release, there was a glitch that allowed players to gain massive amounts of Construction experience in a short time. Some accounts were able to use this to take new accounts to 200 million Construction experience in a single day; some accounts were banned. Some players also used the 10% bonus experience from the refer-a-friend program to gain massive experience without abusing the glitch. This has since been fixed.
- Furthermore, when you finished building all of the God Statues and Copernicus Glyph thanks the player, there was a typo when he says: "Finally! It's time to relax for a while. Couldn't have done it without you, of course. Many thanks!" This has since been fixed.
- For players with levels at each Construction requirement, this Distraction and Diversion is one of the best methods for Construction experience.
- Until 20 May 2013, even after "The World Wakes" quest has been completed and after Guthix has died, when building a statue of Juna, the following message would appear: "Your prayer pleases Guthix". However, it now says "Your prayer honours Guthix".
- When a fanatic appears, the left click option of the statue becomes "Run Away".
- When teleporting to the closest lodestones via the minigames tab under the adventures menu, the order is Lumbridge, Taverley, Gu'Tanoth, Canifis, and then Prifddinas. However, after the first two statues would be completed, instead of teleporting to the Yanille lodestone, it used to teleport to the Ardougne lodestone. This has been fixed.
- The scaffolding during the building process of the Lumbridge statue appears much thinner and lighter when compared to scaffolding of the other locations.
|Distraction and Diversions locations (Lite)|