The magic watering can is a quest item obtained as a reward from the quest A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift. It provides an unlimited supply of water and is a very useful tool for farming. It can be stored with a Tool leprechaun in place of a regular watering can, thus making it available at all farming patches that have tool leprechauns, or added to the tool belt since the update of 13 April 2015.
The magic watering can may be lost upon death, but it can be replaced by talking to the Fairy Queen.
It can be used to water saplings that are grown in a plant pot, negating the constant need to refill the watering can with a bucket of water or another water source. Flowers and allotments can also be watered to negate chances of disease for that particular growth stage. It can also be used to plant items in Player-owned houses.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- ninja 13 April 2015 (Update):
- Players can now add the magic watering can and magic secateurs to their tool belt.
- If a player has a normal watering can and a magic watering can in their inventory and attempts to store one with the leprechaun, only the magic one will be shown for storage.
- It was previously possible to get more than one magic watering can by storing one in a Tool Leprechaun and then asking the Fairy Queen for a replacement. Anyone who had obtained more than one magic watering can before this bug was fixed still has the extra(s) unless they destroyed them or added them to their tool belt.
- Despite the fact that it is a bottomless source of water, it cannot be used to fill buckets, waterskins, or other similar items; however, it can fill other watering cans.