Pestle and mortar
"Mortar" redirects here. For the cosmetic override, see Mortar Board.
|Pestle and mortar|
|Release||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Backpack||Add to tool belt|
|High alch||2 coins|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|I can grind things for potions in this.|
|Exchange||60 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A pestle and mortar is an item that is used to pulverise items. It is used mainly in Herblore, though it can also be used to grind several other items in order to produce a dust. It can be stored on the tool belt.
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Unicorn horn - produces unicorn horn dust which is used in antipoison potions.
- Chocolate bar - produces chocolate dust, used in energy potions and chef's delight brew. Also used in the quest Plague City. A knife also works for this item.
- Kebbit teeth - produces kebbit teeth dust for use in the hunting potion.
- Gorak claw - produces crushed gorak claw, used in the quest A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen and making magic essence potion.
- Bird's nest - produces a crushed bird's nest which is used in Saradomin brew.
- Desert goat horn - produces goat horn dust for use in combat potions.
- Blue dragon scales - produces dragon scale dust for use in antifire potions.
- Mud rune - makes ground mud runes for use in extreme magic potions.
- Sq'irk - produces sq'irkjuice when crushed into a beer glass during the Sorceress's Garden minigame.
- Ashes - makes ground ashes for use in the Warriors' Guild.
- Poison karambwan - makes karambwan paste, which can be used to poison spears.
- Fishing bait - makes ground fishing bait, which is used to feed pet birds.
- Guam, marrentill, tarromin and harralander - makes their respective ground versions for use in salamander bait/ammo.
- Seaweed - makes ground seaweed which is an ingredient of fish food.
- Neem drupe – produces neem oil which could be used to weaken monsters in the Polypore Dungeon.
- Bat bones - makes ground bat bones in Watchtower.
- Charcoal - makes ground charcoal in The Dig Site
- Cod, kelp, crab meat, and bread - makes ground cod, ground kelp, ground crab meat, and breadcrumbs for raw fishcake in Recipe for Disaster/Freeing Pirate Pete.
- Rune shards - makes rune dust in Garden of Tranquillity.
- Astral rune shards - makes ground astral rune in Dream Mentor.
- Suqah tooth - makes ground tooth in Lunar Diplomacy.
- Diamond root - makes diamond root dust in Glorious Memories.
- Dried thistle - makes ground thistle in Eadgar's Ruse.
- Garlic - makes garlic powder in Desert Treasure.
- Black mushroom - makes black mushroom ink, which is used in a number of quests.
- Sandstone - makes Extra Fine Sand, part of the chain to make a Blessed Flask.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
To force an update of this list, click.
|Frincos's Fabulous Herb Store||Entrana||4||Coins||10|
|Grud's Herblore Stall||Gu'Tanoth||4||Coins||10|
|Gunslik's Assorted Items||Keldagrim||4||Coins||10|
|Jiminua's Jungle Store||Tai Bwo Wannai, Karamja||4||Coins||10|
|The Lighthouse Store||Lighthouse||4||Coins||10|
|Meilyr Clan Store||Prifddinas||4||Coins||10|
|Obli's General Store||Shilo Village (location)||4||Coins||10|
|Polypore Dungeon Supplies||Polypore Dungeon, first level||4||Coins||2|
|Sigmund the Merchant (shop)||Rellekka||4||Coins||10|
|Poletax's Herblore Shop †||Taverley||4||Coins||10|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!