The crystal chime is a version of the crystal chime that is made by Crystal Singing with a crystal tool seed and 150 harmonic dust. This requires 80 Smithing and gives 300 Smithing experience. Alternatively, you can pay Ilfeen, Eluned, Islwyn, or Rhodri Dail 1,500 coins to turn a crystal tool seed into a crystal chime, without any harmonic dust or Smithing requirement.
The crystal chime allows you to attack the warped monsters in the Poison Waste Slayer Dungeon and functions identically to the one from Path of Glouphrie, but can be equipped in the main hand and off-hand slot, saving you an inventory space at the expense of being unable to attack. However, since both chimes can be permanently added to the tool belt (turning into the same tool belt item), and have no downsides for doing so, this difference isn't relevant anymore. Therefore this item is only relevant for players who have not completed Path of Glouphrie or who lost the item before adding it to their belt.
Unlike the other crystal tools, it does not degrade as you use it, nor does it have any impact on Shattered Heart rocks. However, if you die and don't protect it, it turns into the crystal tool seed at your gravestone.
When added to the tool belt, a crystal tool seed is returned to your inventory.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 24 August 2015 (Update):
- Crystal tools no longer report an incorrect remaining charge.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The harmonic dust cost to create crystal tools at a singing bowl and Eluned's coin fee to create or recharge crystal tools has been greatly reduced.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Fixed issue with Elf City crystal chimes not being equippable from bank.