Plant pots are used in the Farming skill to turn Tree seeds, Fruit Tree seeds, Calquat tree seeds and Spirit tree seeds into seedlings.
With the appropriate Farming level and a Gardening trowel in their inventory, a player can create a seedling by using a tree seed on a filled plant pot. After watering a seedling with a watering can, a few minutes later it will sprout into a sapling and be ready for planting in a Tree patch.
Farming shops in Catherby, Port Phasmatys, Ardougne, and south of Falador as well as Coeden's Seed Store in Prifddinas sell filled plant pots for 1 coin each. They may also be obtained on the Grand Exchange, although this may take some time due to the buying limit.
To fill a plant pot, use the empty plant pot on any patch that does not need weeding. The patch can be empty or have a plant in any growth state in it.
With filled plant pots available from farming shops for the same price as empty plant pots, most players simply discard empties on use. Additionally, no experience is given for filling an empty plant pot.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
| Crafting level||19|
| Members only|
|Unfired plant pot||1||6||6|
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 2 November 2015 (Update):
- Buckets may now be automatically discarded when farming with new skilling options in Esc -> Gameplay -> Misc Settings.
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Players can now fill empty plant pots with soil at the Prifddinas crystal tree patch.
- patch 8 July 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds for watering plants in pots and filling plant pots with compost/supercompost.
- The examine information of this item was formerly "A plant pot filled with soil.", but this was changed with the update of 10 November 2014.