A player ringing the crystal chime
The crystal chime is an item obtained during The Path of Glouphrie by using a crystal saw or small crystal seed on the singing bowl in Yewnock's cave in the Gnome Village Dungeon. A crystal chime must be in a player's inventory or on the tool belt when attacking warped terrorbirds or warped tortoises, otherwise they will be immune to all attacks.
To find the singing bowl, enter the dungeon and crawl through the tunnel in the north-east room. Push the monolith in front of the player one space north, then go around it. Push the south-western monolith north, then the north-western monolith east, and the last small monolith south. Using a crystal saw on the bowl changes the saw into a small crystal seed, then use the crystal seed on the bowl to change it into crystal chimes.
To change a small crystal seed or crystal chime back to a crystal saw, go to Brimstail's cave in the Tree Gnome Stronghold and use it on the singing bowl in the western room. The singing bowl can be reached by crossing the crystal bridge to the island in the rift, and it looks a bit like a fountain.
Players may add the crystal chime to the tool belt, which will return the small crystal seed back to them.
Upon death, the crystal chime will be destroyed and the player will have to replace it by getting another crystal seed from Brimstail, then transforming it in Yewnock's cave again.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 4 December 2017 (Update):
- Fixed an animation issue with crystal chimes.
- patch 3 March 2010 (Update):
- The crystal chime now has an auto chime feature to automatically cleanse warped terrorbirds and warped tortoises.
- Upon using the chime whilst fighting against a warped terrorbird or warped tortoise, the player character will stop fighting upon the first hit. The only way to block this is to click on the monster the player is attacking again or turn on auto-retaliate.