|Release date||27 February 2006 (Update)|
|Also known as||Bad Daddy|
|Quest NPC||A Fairy Tale I, A Fairy Tale II, A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift|
|Location(s)||Zanaris throne room|
I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.
During the Battle at Orks Rift:
A very ambitious fairy.
After the Battle at Orks Rift:
He accepted the offer he couldn't refuse.
|Infobox • Talk page|
|Release||13 May 2010 (Update)|
|A very ambitious fairy.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|24 / 16 / 8|
|Not immune||? (edit)||? (edit)||? (edit)|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
The Fairy Godfather is the ruler of Zanaris while the Fairy Queen is absent. He is also the leader of the Fairy Mafia, with two henchmen, Slim Louie and Fat Rocco. He is the main antagonist of the Fairy Tale quest series.
In A Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains, he appears as an ally, directing you to retrieve Queen's secateurs from Tanglefoot to cure the Fairy Queen. However, after the player gave them to him, it didn't work.
In A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen, he gave you permission to use fairy rings to search for the Fairy Queen. After the queen is properly cured, it was discovered that the Fairy Godfather betrayed her. He is trying to replace the fairies with orks and the Fairy Queen with himself.
At the beginning of A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift, he and his henchmen are absent from the throne room, but the Tooth Fairy warns he is growing in power and must be stopped. He is fought at the end, but he has a very low attack speed thus attacking the player rarely. His plans are foiled with the use of tooth magic. He is last seen being sucked into the rift he created into the ork realm, cursing Zanaris and the tooth creatures, transforming them into ivory orks and leaving a huge impact crater at the site of the rift.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Fairy Godfather was spoken of at least a month before he was released. In the 2005 Christmas event, the pixies and fairies making toys said that they were employed by the godfather and seemed to be frightened of him.
- The Fairy Godfather is partially based on Vito Corleone from the 1972 crime drama film The Godfather, based on the book by Mario Puzo.
- His examine text is a reference to one of Vito Corleone's lines from the movie: "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse!"
- In his Brando-like idiom and spelling, the Fairy Godfather speaks some Italian words as ciao ("hello"/"goodbye"), irrispettoso ("disrespectful") and grazie infinite ("a thousand thanks", literally "infinite thanks").
- The Fairy Godfather is similar in name to Fairy Godmother, a secondary protagonist in many fairytales.
- The Fairy Godfather, along with his two henchmen, are the only male fairies in Zanaris.
- He is the only fairy that can be fought.
- Monster Examine states his main attack style is Ranged, despite that he only uses Magic.
- While aggressive when first entering the arena, after you kill all his ork generals he stops being so and only retaliates when attacked.
References[edit | edit source]
|Part 2 of the Fairy Tale quest series|
|Part 3 of the Fairy Tale quest series|
|Part 4 of the Fairy Tale quest series|
|Characters mentioned in the letters|