Magic secateurs are a Farming tool obtained during the A Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains quest, they are the only weapon able to damage Tanglefoot in Zanaris. When fighting Tanglefoot, the damage done is based on the players' Farming level instead of their Strength.
They are unique in the fact that they are the only farming tool which can be wielded. Either wielding or having the magic secateurs in the player's inventory while harvesting allotments, herbs, and hops decreases the chance of the plant losing a "life" when harvesting. They increase yields by 10% when Farming from allotments, herb and hops patches.
Just like normal secateurs, magic secateurs can be used to cure the disease of trees by using the secateurs with the tree. The Tool Leprechaun can store magic secateurs in the normal secateurs slot.
This item can be put on the tool belt since an update on Monday 13 April 2015. They will continue to provide the 10% yield bonus once added.
If lost or destroyed, they can be replaced by talking to Malignius Mortifer and paying 40,000 coins. This includes purchasing another magic secateurs if a player had added the magic secateurs to the tool belt.
The Monk of Entrana will not allow these to be brought to Entrana, since they can be used as a weapon. However, once there, they are retrievable from the Tool leprechaun at the Entrana hops patch.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 12 October 2011 (Update):
- Magic secateurs no longer use the aura graphical effect for swords.
- patch 13 January 2009 (Update):
- If both amulet of nature and magic secateurs are equipped, only the amulet's crop yield boost will be applied.
- Originally, having an aura activated with the magic secateurs equipped gave the outline of a sword. This has been fixed.
- If you are wearing Desert robes, wielding magic secateurs will make the desert robes appear a brighter shade of white.
- Originally, a player had to be wielding the secateurs to activate their farming effect. However, this was changed in an update on 23 June 2014.