The interface that players can use to check what keys are on the key ring.
A steel key ring is one of the rewards from the One Small Favour quest. It is useful because a number of keys can be placed onto it without taking extra inventory spaces. It is not required to take keys off of the key ring to unlock doors with them.
Following an update on 24 September 2018, the steel key ring is automatically added to the tool belt upon completion of the quest.
To view the keys that are stored on the steel key ring, one must click on the Settings gear icon in the top right corner of the tool belt interface, then choose "Key Ring". Alternatively, click the key ring in the tool belt itself and click on the ring's picture to the left of its description.
The key ring can hold most keys (excluding ones that disappear after single use, such as shade keys, muddy keys, H.A.M. storeroom keys, and crystal keys). Keys that can be added to the key ring have a right-click "add to the tool belt" option. To date, the key ring can hold 11 keys in the following order:
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 10 June 2019 (Update):
- Players who had a full toolbelt and wern't having the Get Tooled Up achievement unlocked will now find that they have it unlocked on next login. There was a strange edge case issue related to One Small Favour (which gives the keyring as a reward).
- ninja 1 October 2018 (Update):
- The new key from Mounrning's End Part II can be reobtained again for players that don't already have it on their keyring.
- ninja 24 September 2018 (Update):
- The key ring now appears on the toolbelt, allowing players to store keys on their toolbelted key ring.
- patch 3 April 2017 (Update):
- Velrak the explorer can now be convinced to leave Taverley dungeon if you have a dusty key on your keyring or in your bank, rather than needing to have the key in your backpack.
- update 13 February 2017 (Update):
- Weapon store key from game and from keyring.
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- Alchemy can no longer be cast on the steel key ring.
- patch 30 April 2012 (Update):
- The crystal mine key from Haunted Mine now works when on a steel key ring.
- patch 3 December 2009 (Update):
- Added key sounds to the key ring.
- patch 20 January 2009 (Update):
- The 'New Key' from the Mourning's Ends quest can now be placed on the key ring.
- update 23 October 2006 (Update):
- If you have completed Darkness of Hallowvale and One Small Favour, you can now save an extra bankspace by storing the Meiyerditch short-cut key on your keyring.
The old key ring interface.
- It used to be highly recommended that players use the drop trick to get multiple key rings, because if lost in the Wilderness, all attached keys would be lost as well. However, the key ring is now on the player's tool belt, and thus is safe in all situations.
- The key ring previously held 13 keys, but after updates that removed the Weapon store key from the game and the enchanted key from the key ring, it now holds 11 keys.