Steel key ring
|Steel key ring|
|Release||28 February 2005 (Update)|
|Quest item||One Small Favour|
|Destroy||You can get another key ring from Yanni Salika in Shilo Village.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|I can store my keys here.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A steel key ring is one of the rewards from the One Small Favour quest. It is useful because a number of keys can be placed onto it without taking extra inventory spaces. It is not required to take keys off of the key ring to unlock doors with them.
Keys[edit | edit source]
The key ring can hold most keys (excluding ones that disappear after single use, such as shade keys, muddy keys, HAM storeroom keys, and crystal keys). Keys that can be added to the key ring have a right-click "add to the tool belt" option. To date, the key ring can hold 11 keys in the following order:
|Image||Key||Key ring description||Obtained|
|Brass key||Allows access to Edgeville Dungeon via the entrance near the Grand Exchange in Varrock.||In Edgeville Dungeon.|
|Shiny key||Allows access to the Temple of Ikov via the shed behind McGrubor's Wood.||In the Temple of Ikov near the lesser demons.|
|Metal key||Allows access to the Desert Mining Camp.||Obtained by killing the Mercenary Captain during the Tourist Trap quest.|
|Wrought iron key||Allows access to the mining area in the Desert Mining Camp.||Reward for completing the Tourist Trap quest.|
|Dusty key||Allows access to the deeper section of Taverley Dungeon.||Obtained from the explorer trapped in the Black Knight area of the Taverley Dungeon.|
May also be purchased from Siegfried Erkle.
|Battered key||Allows access to the Elemental Workshop.||Using a knife on the Battered book|
|Maze key||Allows access to Melzar's Maze.||Given by Oziach during the Dragon Slayer quest. Can also be bought at the Legends' Guild. It can also be regained by asking the Champions' Guild Master.|
|Crystal-mine key||Allows access to the abandoned mine during and after the Haunted Mine quest.||From the last boss in the Haunted Mine quest.|
|Ancestral key||Allows access to the Spirits of the Elid cave north of Nardah.||Telegrabbed from the shrine in Nardah.|
|Shortcut key||Allows access to shortcuts in Meiyerditch.||Reward for the quest The Darkness of Hallowvale, from Safalaan.|
|New key||Allows access to the Temple of Light and Slayer Area in the Mourners' excavations under Ardougne.||At beginning of Mourning's End Part II quest, from Head Mourner.|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 24 September 2018 (Update):
- The key ring now appears on the toolbelt, allowing players to store keys on their toolbelted key ring.
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- Alchemy can no longer be cast on the steel key ring.
- patch 3 December 2009 (Update):
- Added key sounds to the key ring.
- patch 10 August 2009 (Update):
- Ancestral key was referred to as "key" on the keyring interface.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It used to be highly recommended that players use the drop trick to get multiple key rings, because if lost in the Wilderness, all attached keys would be lost as well. However, the key ring is now on the player's tool belt, and thus is safe in all situations.
- The key ring previously held 13 keys, but after updates that removed the Weapon store key from the game and the enchanted key from the key ring, it now holds 11 keys.
|Steel key ring keys|
|God Wars Dungeon|
|Heart of Gielinor|
|Thalmund's Forge (imcando mattock creation)|
|Land of the Goblins|