The attuned crystal shield is a superior version of the crystal shield that requires 80 Defence and 50 Agility to equip. It is made by Crystal Singing at the crystal bowl in the Ithell Clan district of Prifddinas, requiring 90 Smithing and completion of The Eyes of Glouphrie. This turns an attuned crystal armour seed and 1,000 harmonic dust into the attuned shield, giving 1,500 Smithing experience.
With this shield (and an attuned weapon in your main hand slot), you have a small chance of doing 25% extra damage on a hit. This chance varies with your Agility level and maxes out at 12% at 99 Agility. It otherwise has the same stats as a chaotic kiteshield.
The attuned crystal shield will revert to seed after 50,000 charges of combat, but uses two charges per hit except while within Prifddinas, where it uses one charge per hit. The amount of coins needed to repair a partially degraded attuned shield is scaled linearly to your current creation cost of a normal crystal weapon/armour seed. This reduces with each creation, starting at 1,000,000 coins, and decreasing by 200,000 with each creation, until five or more creations - where a creation/full repair will costing 200,000 coins. However, the attuned shield cannot be repaired for coins if it is fully degraded, as it reverts to seed and has to be re-created with harmonic dust.
This shield can be stored using a keepsake key, but only when newly made/repaired - used versions will need to be repaired first.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- The PvP death value of crystal weapons and shields has been revised.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The harmonic dust cost to create attuned weapons and shields has been reduced.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Attuned weapons and armour now degrade to seed rather than to dust.
- Before 5 January 2015, attuned crystal weapons and shields degraded to dust instead of reverting back to a seed.