The attuned crystal chakram is a better version of the crystal chakram that requires 80 Ranged and 50 Agility to equip. It is made by Crystal Singing at the crystal bowl in the Ithell Clan district of Prifddinas, requiring 90 Smithing and completion of The Eyes of Glouphrie. This turns an attuned crystal weapon seed and 1000 harmonic dust into the attuned chakram, giving 1500 Smithing experience.
With this chakram (and another attuned weapon or shield in your off-hand slot), you have a small chance of doing 25% extra damage on a hit. This chance varies with your Agility level and maxes out at 12% at 99 Agility. So at most, this gives it a 3% damage boost over other level 80 Ranged equipment.
The attuned crystal chakram will revert to seed after 50,000 charges of combat, but uses two charges per hit except while within Prifddinas, where it uses one charge per hit. The amount of coins needed to repair a partially degraded attuned chakram is scaled linearly to your current creation cost of a normal crystal weapon/armour seed. This reduces with each creation, starting at 1,000,000 coins, and decreasing by 200,000 coins with each creation, until five or more creations - where creation/full repair will cost 200,000 coins. However, the attuned chakram cannot be repaired if it is fully degraded, as it reverts to seed and has to be re-created with harmonic dust.
This weapon can be stored using a keepsake key, but only when newly made/repaired - used versions will need to be repaired first.
200,000 coins are dropped upon death in the Wilderness.
Comparison with other Ranged weapons[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- The PvP death value of crystal weapons and shields has been revised.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The harmonic dust cost to create attuned weapons and shields has been reduced.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Attuned weapons and armour now degrade to seed rather than to dust.
- Attuned crystal chakrams will no longer drop to the floor when thrown.
- Before 5 January 2015, attuned crystal weapons degraded to dust instead of reverting back to a seed.
- When first released, there was a bug with the crystal chakram that would cause it to disappear much faster than it should have, and often made it drop to the floor and disappear.