The crystal hammer is a degradable hammer that is made by Crystal Singing with a crystal tool seed and 150 harmonic dust. This requires 80 Smithing and gives 300 Smithing experience. Alternatively; Ilfeen, Eluned Islwyn or Rhodri Dail can be paid 1,500 - 7,500 coins to turn a crystal tool seed into a crystal hammer, without any harmonic dust or level 80 Smithing.
The hammer gives +1% chance for double progress when smithing any core metal. The hammer lasts for 3,000 strikes before reverting to a seed (an hour of smithing). The tool seed can be recharged by Ilfeen, Eluned, Islwyn or Rhodri Dail for a cost that starts at 7,500 coins but decreases by 1,500 every enchant, to a minimum of 1,500 coins.
Eluned refuses to enchant more than one the first time saying that she needs "to know you better". After the second enchant more than one hammer can be enchanted at a time.
||Cost for re-enchantment
|Fifth and thereafter
To turn the hammer back into a seed, players can speak to Ilfeen, Eluned or Rhodri Dail.
Like the other crystal tools, the hammer doubles the chance of getting Smithing golden rocks and strange rocks from Shattered Heart.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 24 August 2015 (Update):
- Crystal tools no longer report an incorrect remaining charge.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The harmonic dust cost to create crystal tools at a singing bowl and Eluned's coin fee to create or recharge crystal tools has been greatly reduced.
- Prior to the Mining and Smithing rework, the hammer gave an extra 5% chance of saving a bar when Smithing an item with at least three bars. Each activation consumed 3.57% charge, or 1.78% while in Prifddinas, so after it saved 28 or 56 bars, it reverted back to the crystal tool seed.