The attuned crystal wand is a better version of the crystal wand that requires 80 Magic and 50 Agility to equip. It is made by Crystal Singing at the crystal bowl in the Ithell Clan district of Prifddinas, requiring 90 Smithing and completion of The Eyes of Glouphrie. This turns an attuned crystal weapon seed and 1,000 harmonic dust into the attuned wand, giving 1,500 Smithing experience.
With this wand (and another attuned weapon or shield in your off-hand slot), you have a small chance of doing 25% extra damage on a hit. This chance varies with your Agility level and maxes out at 12% at 99 Agility. So at most, this gives it a 3% damage boost over the virtus wand, which has identical stats otherwise.
The attuned crystal wand will revert to seed after 50,000 charges of combat, but uses two charges per hit except while within Prifddinas, where it uses one charge per hit. The amount of coins needed to repair a partially degraded attuned wand is scaled linearly to your current creation cost of a normal crystal weapon/armour seed. This reduces with each creation, starting at 1,000,000 coins, and decreasing by 200,000 with each creation, until five or more creations - where a creation/full repair will costing 200,000 coins. However, the attuned wand cannot be repaired for coins if it is fully degraded, as it reverts to seed and has to be re-created with harmonic dust.
This weapon can be stored using a keepsake key, but only when newly made/repaired - used versions will need to be repaired first.
Comparison with other magical weapons[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- The PvP death value of crystal weapons and shields has been revised.
- patch 2 February 2015 (Update):
- Crystal mage weaponry is now listed under the Weapons tab in the Magic skill guide.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The harmonic dust cost to create attuned weapons and shields has been reduced.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Attuned weapons and armour now degrade to seed rather than to dust.
- Before 5 January 2015, attuned crystal weapons degraded to dust instead of reverting back to a seed.