The sacred clay shield (melee) is a degradable shield that primarily defends against melee attacks. It is obtainable from the Stealing Creation minigame for 200 Stealing Creation points, and as with the magic and ranged shields requires a Defence level of 65 to equip. It can be transformed into the magic or ranged versions and vice versa at no cost. It currently does not lose charge in combat.
The price of 200 Stealing Creation points roughly requires 2 hours in non-combat Stealing Creation games to obtain, or around 3.3 hours in ordinary Stealing Creation games.
It provides the same armour rating as a Third-age kiteshield.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 5 October 2020 (Update):
- The sword icon on the Sacred Clay Shield (melee) no longer appears to hover.
- patch 9 June 2009 (Update):
- On free worlds, sacred clay items should no longer deteriorate or give any benefits.
- When sheathed, its yellow melee icon will float off the shield. When resting while it is sheathed, the icon will suffer graphical stretching.
- It used to have a chance to double your damage soaking percentage, but since the release of the Evolution of Combat this ability has been removed.