A Toktz-ket-xil, roughly translated to "sharp obsidian defender", is an obsidian shield that requires level 60 Defence to wield. It cannot be made using any skills.
This item is also used in a master clue emote step in conjunction with a fire cape and a spork where the player needs to cheer by the sulphur pit of the TzHaar City. There is a hidey-hole nearby allowing the player to store the shield for future use. In order to build it, you must have 88 construction. It requires 4 mahogany planks, 10 Steel nails, and 1 gold leaf.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 23 October 2017 (Update):
- The Toktz-ket-xil shield once more uses an older model variant.
- The shield was given a graphical update on 14 February 2012. This was reverted five years later on 23 October 2017.
- The banner released along with the quest The Temple at Senntisten on 3 December 2009 displayed a player wielding an obsidian shield, which was confirmed by Mod Emilee when many people thought it was a dragon kiteshield.
- The price of the obsidian shield has fallen dramatically to near its high alchemy value. This made the obsidian shield a good item to high alchemise, due to gaining profit out of it at times.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, some players speculated that this was the equivalent of a dragon kiteshield at its time, having a 60 Defence requirement and being red with black spikes.
- In the 46th Postbag from the Hedge, TzHaar-Mej-Tak mentions that an obsidian shield is used in a similar way to a defender, rather than a shield. This explained its former strength bonus.
- While wearing warpriest of Zamorak armour, equipping the shield causes a brightness effect on the cap, causing it to appear much brighter than before, appearing charcoal grey instead of black.