The crystal knife is a degradable knife that is made by Crystal Singing with a crystal tool seed and 150 harmonic dust. This requires 80 Smithing and gives 300 Smithing experience. Alternatively, you can pay Ilfeen, Eluned, Islwyn or Rhodri Dail 1,500 - 7,500 coins to turn a crystal tool seed into a crystal knife, without any harmonic dust or 80 Smithing.
The knife has two effects: it gives a 5% chance of getting double arrow shafts from fletching Logs including elder arrow shafts from fletching elder logs, and it gives a 5% chance of giving a strung bow instead of an unstrung bow when Fletching unstrung bows. Experience for stringing the bow is given as normal and it will still count towards any daily challenges. The knife will consume 3.57% charge per activation, or 1.78% in Prifddinas, thus lasting 28 or 56 times before degrading back to a crystal tool seed. The tool seed can be recharged by Ilfeen, Eluned, Islwyn or Rhodri Dail for a cost that starts at 7,500 coins but decreases by 1,500 every enchant, to a minimum of 1,500 coins.
||Cost for re-enchantment
|Fifth and thereafter
You can also talk to Ilfeen, Eluned, Islwyn or Rhodri Dail if you want to turn your knife back into a seed.
Like the other crystal tools, the knife doubles the chance of getting Fletching strange rocks from Shattered Heart.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 24 August 2015 (Update):
- Crystal tools no longer report an incorrect remaining charge.
- patch 6 July 2015 (Update):
- The correct message is now displayed when stringing a shieldbow with a crystal knife.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The harmonic dust cost to create crystal tools at a singing bowl and Eluned's coin fee to create or recharge crystal tools has been greatly reduced.