The crystal pickaxe is a level 70 Mining pickaxe. The pickaxe is obtained by trading a dragon pickaxe and 4,000 harmonic dust to Lady Ithell in the Ithell district of Prifddinas (also requiring Plague's End). Players may convert their crystal pickaxe back to a dragon pickaxe by speaking to Lady Ithell; however, they will not be given back the harmonic dust previously used to upgrade the tool.
The augmented crystal pickaxe cannot be reverted directly; the augmentation must first be removed by using an augmentation dissolver. All installed gizmos will be destroyed in the process.
If the player has an Imcando pickaxe or a gilded dragon pickaxe, Lady Ithell will first downgrade it to a dragon pickaxe before upgrading it to the crystal pickaxe. If a gilded dragon pickaxe was used to create a crystal pickaxe, it will remain gilded if it is downgraded again.
The crystal pickaxe may be added to the tool belt. Players who wish to augment a crystal pickaxe already on their tool belt they may right-click it in their toolbelt to remove.
It is also one of the three required items to make the Pickaxe of Earth and Song.
This has a level requirement of Invention 99, and extreme invention potions are highly recommended.
The recommended perks for an augmented pickaxe are given as follows.
||Has a 12% chance of giving double ores.
||Furnace 4 + Fortune 3
||Has a 20% chance of granting double experience, without any progress. |
Has a 1.5% chance to double and bank what you have gathered.
The recommended perks for an off-hand item such as the Augmented enhanced Excalibur, that is to be worn along with a pickaxe while training mining, are given as follows.
||Wise 4 + Mobile
||Provides +4% additional experience, up to 50,000 XP per day. |
Halves the cooldowns of Surge, Escape, Barge, and Bladed Dive at the cost of no adrenaline gain.
||Number of ranks
||Has a 5% chance per rank of granting double experience, without any progress.
||Has a 2% chance per rank of giving double ores.
||Has a 3% chance per rank of transmuting a gathered resource to a higher tier.
||Increases the chance of finding a geode by 2% per rank.
||When equipped, +1% per rank additional experience, up to 50,000 experience per day.
||Has a 0.5% chance per rank on gathering skills and 0.1% chance per rank on production skills to double and bank what you have gathered or produced.
To use an augmented pickaxe's perks, the player must have charges in their charge pack. Use of charges can be reduced by researching charge drain improvements or by adding the efficient perk to the item.
The Wise perk can also be put on an off-hand weapon or shield, and it will give the bonus experience regardless, enabling players to have two useful perks on their pickaxe in combination with their skilling outfit.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 8 December 2014 (Update):
- Crystal pickaxes will now protect on death correctly.
- patch 24 November 2014 (Update):
- Crystal hatchets and pickaxes now appear in the player's gravestone if lost on death.
- Even though the mining requirement is level 70, the pickaxe can only be obtained in Prifddinas after finishing Plague's End which has a non-boostable requirement of 75 mining.
- When trying to gild the crystal pickaxe, the nymph will say "That pickaxe is coated with crystal. I'm so sorry. I don't understand elven magic well enough to add gold to crystal."
- Currently a bug exists where more than 4,000 harmonic dust can be taken by Lady Ithell if attempting to upgrade a dragon pickaxe to a crystal pickaxe.
- Prior to the Mining and Smithing rework, the Crystal pickaxe had a special attack, Shock, which required 100% adrenaline and drained the opponent's Attack, Ranged, and Magic by 5%. It was removed with the rework, as well as the combat bonuses of all pickaxes, making pickaxes a skilling-only tool.