The crystal pickaxe a level 70 Mining pickaxe.
The pickaxe is obtained by trading a dragon pickaxe and 4,000 harmonic dust to Lady Ithell in the Ithell Clan district of Prifddinas (also requiring Plague's End). Players may convert their crystal pickaxe back to a dragon pickaxe by speaking to Lady Ithell; however, they will not be given back the harmonic dust previously used to upgrade the tool.
The augmented crystal pickaxe cannot be reverted directly, the augmentation must first be removed by using an augmentation dissolver. All installed gizmos will be destroyed in the process.
If the player has an Imcando pickaxe or a gilded dragon pickaxe, Lady Ithell will first downgrade it to a dragon pickaxe before upgrading it to the crystal pickaxe. If a gilded dragon pickaxe was used to create a crystal pickaxe, it will remain gilded if it is downgraded again.
The crystal pickaxe may be added to the tool belt. Players who wish to augment a crystal pickaxe already on their tool belt they may right-click it in their toolbelt to remove.
It is also one of the three required items to make Pickaxe of earth and song.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- patch 8 December 2014 (Update):
- Crystal pickaxes will now protect on death correctly.
- patch 24 November 2014 (Update):
- Crystal hatchets and pickaxes now appear in the player's gravestone if lost on death.
- Even though the mining requirement is level 70, the pickaxe can only be obtained in Prifddinas after finishing Plague's End which has a non-boostable requirement of 75 mining.
- When trying to gild the crystal pickaxe, the nymph will say "That pickaxe is coated with crystal. I'm so sorry. I don't understand elven magic well enough to add gold to crystal."
- Currently a bug exists where more than 4,000 harmonic dust can be taken by Lady Ithell if attempting to upgrade a dragon pickaxe to a crystal pickaxe.
- Prior to the Mining and Smithing rework, the Crystal pickaxe had a special attack: Shock, which required 100% adrenaline and drained your opponent's Attack, Ranged, and Magic by 5%. It was removed with the rework, as well as the combat bonuses of all pickaxes, making pickaxes a skilling-only tool.