The crystal pickaxe is a level 70 Mining pickaxe. The pickaxe is obtained by trading a dragon pickaxe and 4,000 harmonic dust to Lady Ithell in the Ithell district of Prifddinas (also requiring Plague's End). Players may convert their crystal pickaxe back to a dragon pickaxe by speaking to Lady Ithell; however, they will not be given back the harmonic dust previously used to upgrade the tool.
The augmented crystal pickaxe cannot be reverted directly; the augmentation must first be removed by using an augmentation dissolver. All installed gizmos will be destroyed in the process.
If the player has an Imcando pickaxe or a gilded dragon pickaxe, Lady Ithell will first downgrade it to a dragon pickaxe before upgrading it to the crystal pickaxe. If a gilded dragon pickaxe was used to create a crystal pickaxe, it will remain gilded if it is downgraded again.
The crystal pickaxe may be added to the tool belt. Players who wish to augment a crystal pickaxe already on their tool belt they may right-click it in their toolbelt to remove.
It is also one of the three required items to make the Pickaxe of Earth and Song.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 8 December 2014 (Update):
- Crystal pickaxes will now protect on death correctly.
- patch 24 November 2014 (Update):
- Crystal hatchets and pickaxes now appear in the player's gravestone if lost on death.
- Even though the mining requirement is level 70, the pickaxe can only be obtained in Prifddinas after finishing Plague's End which has a non-boostable requirement of 75 mining.
- When trying to gild the crystal pickaxe, the nymph will say "That pickaxe is coated with crystal. I'm so sorry. I don't understand elven magic well enough to add gold to crystal."
- Currently a bug exists where more than 4,000 harmonic dust can be taken by Lady Ithell if attempting to upgrade a dragon pickaxe to a crystal pickaxe.
- Prior to the Mining and Smithing rework, the Crystal pickaxe had a special attack, Shock, which required 100% adrenaline and drained the opponent's Attack, Ranged, and Magic by 5%. It was removed with the rework, as well as the combat bonuses of all pickaxes, making pickaxes a skilling-only tool.