A crystal seed used to be what was left over after a crystal weapon's charges were used up prior to the release of Prifddinas.
With the city's opening, crystal seeds were renamed and reclassified into six distinct types:
Crystal seeds were obtainable by buying from players, buying new crystal equipment at a minimum price of 750,000 coins (crystal shield) and 900,000 coins (crystal bow) and then using them until they decayed into a seed or by getting them from a Crystal geode obtained while chopping down a Crystal tree.
As of 29 September 2014, players can now re-attune old crystal seeds to obtain a crystal weapon seed.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
patch 19 January 2015 (Update):
- References to Islwyn when converting crystal seeds to weapons have been removed.
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- Players can now re-attune crystal seeds into crystal weapon seeds.
- update 7 February 2005 (Update):
- When a crystal weapon lost its charge, the seed was left in the relative combat slot.
- It's still possible to obtain a crystal seed by looting a Crystal impling. It is not known if this is a bug or not.