|Release||13 November 2013 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charges|
|Equipped||Check charges, Provoke|
|High alch||300,000 coins|
|Low alch||200,000 coins|
|A powerful shield, forged in pain and anger.|
|Exchange||18,727,795 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
This shield, including the Vengeful and Merciless versions, have the ability to use the Defence ability, Provoke, while having the shield equipped and right-clicking and casting provoke. However, this does not queue the ability if another ability is being used while trying to cast it.
The shield will degrade to a broken state after 60,000 charges of combat (but loses 2 charges per hit, so it has a minimum duration of 5 hours of combat). It can be fixed by Repair NPCs such as Bob in Lumbridge, or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. A full repair, without discounts, costs 1,500,000 coins.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||491.6||PvM: 9%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||735||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
This item costs at most 1,500,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 375,000 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
These methods cost more as they do not consider player's Smithing level for a repair discount.
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
Improved methods[edit source]
These methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts).
- An armour stand in a player-owned house
- A whetstone which can be used anywhere
- The item repair ability of a legendary pet can be used once per hour
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|1500000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Usage cost[edit | edit source]
|Method||Repair NPC, armour stand, whetstone|
|Item(s) consumed||1,500,000 × Coins[uc 1]|
|Total GE Price||1,500,000|
|Average rate[uc 2]||90,000|
|High rate[uc 3]||180,000|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||300,000|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Barrows: Rise of the Six||N/A||1||1/240[dr 1]|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
|5 × Undead components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 1 September 2020 (Update):
- Broadcasts from malevolent kiteshield drops no longer broadcast to the player's current world. They can still broadcast to the player's clan and friends.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.