The rune berserker shield is a reward that can be purchased with 300 tokens from the Fist of Guthix minigame. It can also be bought (in its uncharged state) on the Grand Exchange and recharged for 30 tokens. If you buy it from the Grand Exchange you can still charge it for 30 tokens; just 'use' it on Reggie the rewards trader. It requires 55 defence to wield. When charged, it gives higher armour bonuses than the Rune kiteshield and Rune platebody.
Like Barrows equipment its bonuses will only decrease after the shield has completely degraded to 0% (after only 5 hours of solid combat), but the Barrows equipment takes 15 hours to degrade completely. When completely degraded, or uncharged, it will have no defensive capability and become tradeable. It costs 30 Fist of Guthix tokens to recharge the Rune Berserker 0 shield.
Although this is the joint 2nd best melee shield for F2P (tied with gud raider shield; corrupt dragon sq shield has the best defensive stats for a melee shield for F2P), it is rarely used because of the lack of players willing to play Fist of Guthix.
- ^ Item is not tradeable on the Grand Exchange. Using calculated value.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.
- patch 4 June 2013 (Update):
- Fist of Guthix reward shields have been restatted to better reflect their defence requirement.
- The Rune berserker shield used to require 45 defence and had a +4 strength bonus, but it was increased to tier 55 and had the bonus removed after the Evolution of Combat.