A crystal mattock is an augmentable mattock which requires level 70 Archaeology to use. The mattock is obtained by trading a dragon mattock and 4,000 harmonic dust to Lady Ithell in the Ithell Clan district of Prifddinas (also requiring Plague's End).
Players may also convert their augmented dragon mattock (without needing to use an augmentation dissolver) by using the augmented dragon mattock on Lady Ithell with 4,000 harmonic dust in their inventory (this will preserve the perks and equipment experience). Players may convert their crystal mattock, whether augmented or not, back to a dragon mattock by speaking to Lady Ithell or using the mattock on her; however, they will not be given back the harmonic dust previously used to upgrade the tool.
Although a crystal mattock requires level 70 Archaeology to use, its precision and focus are equivalent to a bane mattock (which requires level 80 Archaeology to use).
A crystal mattock is also used in the creation of a Mattock of Time and Space, alongside an imcando mattock and an energised meteorite shard.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 14 April 2020 (Update):
- It is now possible to siphon the crystal mattock using a crystal tool siphon.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ryan's Twitter account. 27 April 2020. (Archived from the original on 22 October 2020.) Mod Ryan: "One of the things I worked on today was making it so that you can upgrade your augmented tools (dragon -> crystal and crystal+imcando -> Time and Space)"