Crystal equipment is a range of weapons and armour made from enchanted elven crystal. Crystal combat equipment requires completion of Roving Elves to use, as well as 50 Agility (although 56 Agility is a boostable requirement to travel through Tirannwn), among other skill requirements unique to each piece. Crystal tools and attuned crystal equipment can only be obtained after Plague's End. There are also the crystal chime and crystal saw, which are rewards from the gnome quest series.
Upon death in the Wilderness, the killer will receive the seed form of the crystal equipment.
- 1 Enchantment
- 2 Crystal weapons and shields
- 3 Crystal armour
- 4 Crystal tools
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Update history
- 7 Trivia
Enchantment[edit | edit source]
All crystal equipment may be sung from seed by the player except the pickaxe and hatchet. Crystal weapons and shields take 75 Smithing to sing; crystal tools take 80 Smithing; and attuned crystal weapons and shields take 90 Smithing. To do this requires a suited crystal seed and an amount of harmonic dust, and it is done at the singing bowl in Prifddinas. Apart from the small crystal seed from The Eyes of Glouphrie, crystal singing is only accessible after Plague's End, as are attuned crystals and harmonic dust.
Alternatively, after Roving Elves, players can take crystal seeds or items to Eluned or Ilfeen, who can sing seeds into a related item and repair partially degraded items; After the events of The Light Within, Islwyn can also be found in the Ithell Clan district of Prifddinas, replacing Eluned. Neither action requires harmonic dust or a Smithing level. The initial price to re-enchant is 1,000,000 coins; each time they re-enchant a crystal seed, the price they charge decreases in this fashion:
|Enchantment||Cost for crystal item|
|Fifth time and thereafter||200,000|
The price is not dependent on the specific items previously recharged: for example, a player who pays Ilfeen 1,000,000 coins to re-enchant a crystal bow will only have to pay her 800,000 coins to re-enchant a crystal knife. It should be noted that the crystal teleport seed is recharged at a much lower price.
When repairing a partially degraded item, the cost is a fair fraction of the cost to re-enchant. For example, repairing an item at 90% charge would cost 20,000 coins if the lowest re-enchant cost has been achieved. Item repair does not lower the enchantment price.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Tradeable Seeds[edit | edit source]
|Crystal armour seed||7,132|
|Crystal tool seed||65,747|
|Crystal weapon seed||72,119|
Crystal weapons and shields[edit | edit source]
Crystal weapons and shields degrade in combat, whether they are regular or attuned. Each item has 50,000 charges of combat and consumes 2 charges per hit. If used in Prifddinas it will only consume 1 charge, lasting twice as long. When the item fully degrades, it will revert to its relevant seed. The bonuses of an item do not decrease as it loses charge.
When attuned crystal weapons or shields occupy both hands, the player gains a chance to deal 25% bonus damage with each hit. The likelihood scales with your Agility level up to a 12% chance. To achieve this effect, you must dual-wield attuned weapons, use an attuned two-handed weapon, or use an attuned weapon with attuned shield.
A weakly charged (20%) crystal bow or crystal ward is a reward for completing Roving Elves. In addition, players can buy new bows and wards from Islwyn in the forests of Isafdar for 1,000,000 coins, the initial recharge price.
All normal and attuned crystal weapons and shields can be augmented.
Bonuses[edit | edit source]
Crystal weapons[edit | edit source]
|Off-hand crystal chakram||Ranged||-||-||-||Thrown||428||1486||0||0||0||-||-||-||227,074|
|Off-hand crystal dagger||Melee||-||-||-||Stab||336||1486||0||0||0||-||-||-||247,881|
Attuned crystal weapons[edit | edit source]
|Attuned crystal bow||Ranged||Arrow||1470||1924||-||-||-||0||0||0||-||-||-|
|Attuned crystal chakram||Ranged||Thrown||980||1924||-||-||-||0||0||0||-||-||-|
|Attuned crystal dagger||Melee||Stab||768||1924||-||-||-||0||0||0||-||-||-|
|Attuned crystal halberd||Melee||Slash||1788||1924||-||-||-||0||0||0||-||-||-|
|Attuned crystal wand||Magic||-||-||1924||-||-||-||0||0||0||-||-||-|
|Attuned crystal orb||Magic||-||-||1924||-||-||-||0||0||0||-||-||-|
|Attuned crystal staff||Magic||-||-||1924||-||-||-||0||0||0||-||-||-|
|Off-hand attuned crystal chakram||Ranged||-||-||-||Thrown||490||1924||0||0||0||-||-||-|
|Off-hand attuned crystal dagger||Melee||-||-||-||Stab||384||1924||0||0||0||-||-||-|
Crystal shields[edit | edit source]
Attuned crystal shields[edit | edit source]
|Attuned crystal deflector||Ranged||-||-||-||-||-||-||384||385||0||-||-||-|
|Attuned crystal shield||Melee||-||-||-||-||-||-||384||385||0||-||-||-|
|Attuned crystal ward||Magic||-||-||-||-||-||-||384||385||0||-||-||-|
Crystal armour[edit | edit source]
Crystal armour is degradable hybrid armour obtainable after completion of The Light Within. It is provided by Angof's Crystal Armour Shop and is bought with Tarddian crystals dropped by Crystal Shapeshifters, or created by Angof herself from crystal fragments that can be gathered from various resources on Tarddiad.
Neither normal nor attuned crystal armour can be augmented.
Armour set effect[edit | edit source]
Upon release of the armour, many players complained that the stats of the armour were not worth the time required to obtain it. In response, a set effect was added.
The set effect has a chance to activate based on how many pieces of the armour you are wearing, similar to how warpriest armour currently works. The effects are as follows:
|Pieces||Crystal armour effect||Attuned crystal armour effect|
- ^ a b Tarddian fury does not affect boss monsters.
- ^ a b Agility level for Tarddian fury can be boosted for extra damage.
- ^ Emerald aurora lets you get 8 stacks.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Rowley's Twitter account. 19 January 2017. (Archived from the original on 30 May 2020.) Mod Rowley: "Wedding ring I'm not touching either, as the T80 crystal armour already (massively) improves drop chance. With full set it's 1/10."
Harmonious Resonance[edit | edit source]
The usefulness of Harmonious Resonance while skilling is situational:
- Wearing experience-boosting sets is considered more beneficial than negating the prayer drain of the Seren prayers, especially if the player is able to bring Prayer, Prayer renewal potions with them. An Elven ritual shard would negate this entirely.
- The maximum prayer points saved with all skilling based prayers is 83⅓ prayer points, and with only Light Form 50 (25 with Grace of the elves) prayer points; at 99 prayer these are 25.5% and 15.3% (7.6%) of a Super restore respectively.
- The theoretic maximum amount of prayer points this can save (with all seren prayers that can be activated together) is 183⅓; at 99 Prayer, this is 56% of a Super restore.
- If using Harmonious Resonance to extend the Crystallise spell, the set effect will save the player 4,832 coins each cast; 4,512 coins if a steam battlestaff is used. A savings of at most 579,840 coins an hour.
- If using Harmonious Resonance to extend the Crystal Mask spell, the set effect will save the player at most 19,106 coins an hour; 17,174 coins if a lava battlestaff is used.
The optimal usage of this effect is by someone that wants to use crystallise with less intensity as it allows 50% more time between spell usage and a greater cost saving. To make use of the prayer reducing effects (though negligible); Light form with a Grace of the Elves should be used and Chronicle Absorption can be used to collect Manifested knowledge and divine carpet dust.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Crystal armour[edit | edit source]
Attuned crystal armour[edit | edit source]
|Attuned crystal helm||-||-||-||-||-||-||259||0||0||-||-||-|
|Attuned crystal body||-||-||-||-||-||-||298||0||0||-||-||-|
|Attuned crystal legs||-||-||-||-||-||-||285||0||0||-||-||-|
|Attuned crystal gloves||-||-||-||-||-||-||64||0||0||-||-||-|
|Attuned crystal boots||-||-||-||-||-||-||64||0||0||-||-||-|
Repair[edit | edit source]
|Item||Amount of crystals to fully repair|
|Helm||15||7% per crystal|
|Body||50||2% per crystal|
|Legs||34||3% per crystal|
|Gloves||2||50% per crystal|
|Boots||2||50% per crystal|
Crystal tools[edit | edit source]
Crystal tools provide unique bonuses to their tasks, such as saving ingredients, and they double the chance of finding strange and golden rocks from Shattered Heart. They have 56 charges, and 2 are used each time a bonus activates (1 when used in Prifddinas). The tools revert to seed once depleted; they are repairable and re-enchantable from Eluned and Ilfeen.
Contrary to other crystal equipment, the crystal pickaxe, hatchet or mattock are not sung from seed, nor do they degrade. They are made by bringing a dragon pickaxe, hatchet or mattock with 4000 harmonic dust to Lady Ithell. Tools also retain their special attacks, augmentations and perks.
A crystal saw and crystal chime are rewards from The Eyes of Glouphrie and The Path of Glouphrie quests. They are sung from a small crystal seed and do not require harmonic dust or a Smithing level — furthermore, they are sung using the singing bowls in Brimstail's cave and Yewnock's cave, though the bowl in Prifddinas will create either. These tools are separate from the saw and chime sung from a crystal tool seed after Plague's End, both tools of which are more potent.
Crystal tools only stack in the bank if they have not been equipped; once equipped, even if at 100% charge, they will not stack.
Crystal hatchets, pickaxes, fishing rods, tinderboxes, and hammers can be augmented. Crystal teleport seeds can be sung into an attuned version (with infinite charges) for 4,000 harmonic dust.
Tools[edit | edit source]
- Crystal chime (quest)
- Crystal chisel
- Crystal fishing rod (augmented)
- Crystal hammer (augmented)
- Crystal hatchet (augmented)
- Crystal knife
- Crystal mattock (augmented)
- Crystal pickaxe (augmented)
- Crystal saw (quest)
- Crystal teleport seed (attuned)
- Crystal tinderbox (augmented)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- Eluned will now repair damaged crystal weapons after attuning just one crystal weapon, rather than multiple.
- patch 16 January 2017 (Update):
- patch 3 August 2015 (Update):
- Crystal weapons, armour and tools now correctly degrade at half the usual rate in Prifddinas.
- patch 2 February 2015 (Update):
- Crystal mage weaponry is now listed under the Weapons tab in the Magic skill guide.
- patch 19 January 2015 (Update):
- Corrected the initial wield message for newly crafted crystal weapons to mention weapons instead of armour.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Attuned weapons and armour now degrade to seed rather than to dust.
- Attuned crystal chakrams will no longer drop to the floor when thrown.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There was once a glitch that allowed players to cast High Level Alchemy on crystal bows and crystal shields in free-to-play worlds and make several thousand coins per piece. Players could buy crystal seeds from other players, pay the reduced recharge cost, and make large sums of money. Because of this glitch, it is no longer possible to alchemise crystal equipment at all.
- Originally when talking to Ilfeen about crystal equipment, she mentioned trying to create a "crystal halberd" and how she could not get the melody right. They were finally released upon the release of Prifddinas.
- Attuned crystal equipment was originally planned to be level 85.