|Release||13 August 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1,000 coins|
|Low alch||667 coins|
|A rune kiteshield.|
|Exchange||18,608 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A rune kiteshield is tier 50 melee shield. It requires level 50 Defence to wear.
It can be made at a forge and anvil using 2 rune bars, requiring 1,200 progress to complete, granting a total of 480 Smithing experience. It can be upgraded to a rune kiteshield + 1 with another 2 bars.
|Rune kiteshield + 1||51||175.0||2||4|
|Rune kiteshield + 2||52||180.2||4||8|
|Rune kiteshield + 3||53||185.6||8||16|
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||170.0||PvM: 5%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|480 XP||-||Varies [recipe 1]||18,608|
|Must be performed at an anvil|
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
|Rune kiteshield + 1||36,698|
Crest kiteshields[edit | edit source]
Crest kiteshields (see Sir Renitee for more information) can be obtained by painting a normal rune kiteshield on a Shield easel in a Player-owned house. All the different variations of shields have the same bonuses as a normal rune kiteshield. Constructing a Shield easel requires 41 Construction. If you do not have a Shield easel, you may use another player's.
Note that painting the crest on the kiteshields turns them into members-only items, and untradeable. You can also make a crest shield using a steel kiteshield, and they look identical, however they have different bonuses. There are a total of 16 shields to choose from.
The crest and paint cannot be removed once it has been applied.
|Arrav||Shield of Arrav|
|Dorgeshuun||The Lost Tribe|
|H.A.M.||Another Slice of H.A.M.|
|Horse||Toy horsey in inventory|
|Money||Costs 500,000 coins|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||45.0%|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Casket (CS Week)||N/A||1||Unknown||N/A|
|Sandy Casket (red)||N/A||1||Unknown||N/A|
|Security casket (CS Week)||N/A||1||Common||N/A|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Scavvo's Rune Store||Champions' Guild||16,680||Coins||1|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 3 February 2020 (Update):
- Adjusted disassembly to give 4 materials per bar used in creating the item from scratch
- patch 29 September 2008 (Update):
- The range of items that one can lend to other players has been expanded. These include a small amount of newer Treasure Trail items as well as some old ones, dragon spears and most rune and granite armour and weapons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the 2001 Christmas event in which partyhats were obtained by pulling a Christmas cracker, these shields were frequently received.
- It was the strongest kiteshield in free play until the Rune berserker shield was released with Fist of Guthix.