The crystal chisel is a degradable chisel that is made by Crystal Singing with a crystal tool seed and 150 harmonic dust. This requires 80 Smithing and gives 300 Smithing experience. Alternatively; Ilfeen, Eluned, Islwyn or Rhodri Dail can be paid 1,500 - 7,500 coins to turn a crystal tool seed into a crystal chisel, without any harmonic dust or 80 Smithing.
The chisel gives a 2% chance of receiving an additional gem of the type that are cut while using the chisel, but it only applies to sapphire, emerald, ruby, diamond and dragonstone. The chisel will consume 3.57% charge or 1.78% while in Prifddinas per gem created, so it will create 28 or 56 gems before reverting back to a crystal tool seed. If there is no room in the inventory for the extra gem, it will be sent to the bank. The tool seed can be recharged by Ilfeen, Eluned, Islwyn or Rhodri Dail for a cost that starts at 7,500 coins but decreases by 1,500 every enchant, to a minimum of 1,500 coins.
||Cost for re-enchantment
|Fifth and thereafter
To turn the chisel back into a seed, speak to Ilfeen, Eluned, Islwyn or Rhodri Dail.
Like the other crystal tools, the chisel doubles the chance of getting Crafting golden rocks and strange rocks from Shattered Heart.
||Total Value of Savings
|Outside of Prifddinas
|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 12 October 2020 (Update):
- The Crystal Chisel will no longer overlap with off-hand weapons when held in the off-hand slot.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Players cutting gems into bolt tips with the crystal chisel will now have the animation correctly reflect that the player is using the crystal chisel rather than their toolbelted chisel.
- ninja 24 August 2015 (Update):
- Crystal tools no longer report an incorrect remaining charge.
- patch 10 August 2015 (Update):
- Crystal chisels are no longer held in the off-hand and are put away when sheathed.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The harmonic dust cost to create crystal tools at a singing bowl and Eluned's coin fee to create or recharge crystal tools has been greatly reduced.