For this item's upgraded variants, see +1
A steel kiteshield is tier 20 melee shield. It requires level 20 Defence to wear.
It can be made at a forge and anvil using 2 steel bars, requiring 600 progress to complete, granting a total of 150 Smithing experience. It can be upgraded to a steel kiteshield + 1 with another 2 bars.
|150 XP||-||Varies [recipe 1]||5,729|
| Smithing level||20|
|You must use a normal Anvil or Forge|
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
A player with an Arrav crest shield
Crest kiteshields can be obtained by painting a normal steel kiteshield on a Shield easel in a Player-owned house. All the different variations of shields have the same bonuses as a normal steel kiteshield. Constructing a Shield easel requires 41 Construction. If you do not have a Shield easel, you may use another player's.
Painting the crest on the kiteshields turns them into members-only items, and non tradeable. You can also make a crest shield using a rune kiteshield, and they look identical, however they have different bonuses. There are a total of 16 shields to choose from.
You cannot remove a crest or paint over it once it has been applied.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 3 February 2020 (Update):
- Adjusted disassembly to give 4 materials per bar used in creating the item from scratch
- On 31 January, 2012, steel armour was given a cosmetic makeover. The previous kiteshield was changed to resemble a teardrop shield style.