Attuned crystal weapon seeds are very rare drops from defeating Iorwerth scouts, Iorwerth guards, Cadarn mages, Cadarn rangers, rare drops from defeating Crystal Shapeshifters and uncommon drops from powerful edimmu. They are used with harmonic dust to make attuned weapons by Crystal Singing at the crystal bowl in the Ithell Clan district of Prifddinas. After attuned weapons degrade, they revert back to a seed.
Players with level 90 Smithing may claim a free seed every week from Lady Ithell as long as they have not completed the Xena-phile Elite task of the Tirannwn Tasks and destroyed the previous seed they received. If players already have an attuned crystal seed or weapon or have dropped an item in the past ten minutes, they cannot claim the seed.
While the requirements for claiming the seed from Lady Ithell cannot be boosted in any way, players are able to use temporary boosts in order to create the weaponry.
A degraded weapon can be taken to Eluned, or Islwyn (after The Light Within), to be recharged, unless it has fully degraded and reverted back to a seed. In that case it must be created again using harmonic dust. Eluned may say "I can only do partial recharges after fully attuning one seed for you", thus disallowing the recharge option. In that case, having her create a standard Crystal bow with a crystal weapon seed, the player degrading it, and then returning to her for a recharge clears this issue. Simply take a crystal weapon seed and talk to her. After some dialogue, you will be able to ask her to sing you something for a fee (1,000,000) - ask her to sing you a crystal bow. After this is done, you will be able to recharge all attuned crystal weapons without a problem.
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- Attuned crystal seeds will now always show a lootbeam.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The chance for attuned weapon and armour seeds to drop from killing a Cadarn/Iorwerth elf has been significantly increased.
- The harmonic dust cost to create attuned weapons and shields has been reduced.
- The following changes have been made to the 'Xena-Phile' Tirannwn achievement:
- Players who have not completed the achievement will now receive a free attuned crystal weapon seed from Lady Ithell as long as they have not dropped anything in the past 10 minutes and do not possess an attuned crystal weapon seed or an attuned crystal weapon. This also applies to Lady Ithell's storage.
- The guaranteed attuned weapon seed drop from combat elves has been removed.
- Players who possess an attuned crystal weapon but have not completed the achievement can revert their weapon into a seed at the crystal singing bowl and sing another weapon to complete the achievement.
- The achievement can now be completed by making any attuned crystal weapon.
- Players who claim an attuned crystal weapon seed and choose not to sing a weapon but destroy the seed instead can claim a new one the following week. Players will not be able to do so once the achievement has been completed.
- Prior to 30 March 2015, it was possible to assist creating crystal weapons.