Divine spirit shield
|Divine spirit shield|
|Release||15 September 2008 (Update)|
|High alch||1,200,000 coins|
|Low alch||800,000 coins|
|An ethereal shield with a divine sigil attached to it.|
|Exchange||8,589,301 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The divine spirit shield is a melee shield. It requires 75 Defence and 75 Prayer to wield. Players with 90 Prayer and 85 Smithing can attach a Divine sigil to a Blessed spirit shield to make a Divine spirit shield, granting 1800 Smithing experience. Alternately, you can ask Brother Bordiss to attach it for 1,500,000 coins after completing Perils of Ice Mountain.
One must have completed Summer's End to make or wear the divine spirit shield. Attempting to put the shield in a keepsake key without completion of the quest results in the message, "You need to complete the quest: Summer's End"; no keepsake keys are wasted in the attempt to put the shield in the keepsake key if one has not completed the quest Summer's End. The divine spirit shield, along with its other variants, is currently the best non-degradable shield in the game outside of Daemonheim.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|75 , 75|
|Armour||338.8||PvM: 7.5%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Passive Effect[edit | edit source]
Like the Elysian and Arcane spirit shields, the Divine spirit shield reduces all incoming damage by 30%, and 50% of the blocked damage - after damage reductions provided by Defence level, armour, and Protect from / Deflect prayers and curses - is drained from prayer points. For example, a hit of 1,000 would be reduced to 700 and 150 prayer points would be drained. This effect only works if the player has adequate prayer points; without any prayer points the effect will not work. This effect does not reduce typeless damage, though it does work on Telos' "So much power!" attack.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Completed Summer's End|
|Blessed spirit shield||1||851,296||851,296|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||4.2%|
|4 × Corporeal components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 24 July 2012 (Update):
- The divine spirit shield ability and lava crystal (invulnerability) now work correctly together.
- patch 29 March 2010 (Update):
- Adjusted the code for the divine spirit shield to correctly reduce damage in all circumstances.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On 1 February 2010, the Spirit shields' appearances were changed to match their inventory pictures. The Divine spirit shield's colour was changed to a more vibrant green. Previously, the Arcane spirit shield and Divine spirit shield were close to the same pale shade of green.
- The Divine spirit shield was the first non-discontinued item to reach a Grand Exchange price of higher than 1 billion coins.
- Divine refers to things which come from a supernatural power or deity, such as a god, being sacred or holy.
- The sigil itself is a green colour when not attached to a blessed spirit shield, however when a divine sigil is attached to a blessed spirit shield the shield is tinted green and the sigil fades out to white. This gives the appearance of the power of the sigil flowing into the shield.