The attuned crystal orb is a better version of the crystal orb that requires 80 Magic and 50 Agility to equip. It is made by Crystal Singing at the crystal bowl in the Ithell Clan district of Prifddinas, requiring 90 Smithing and completion of The Eyes of Glouphrie. This turns an attuned crystal weapon seed and 1,000 harmonic dust into the attuned orb, giving 1,500 Smithing experience.
With this orb (and another attuned weapon in your main hand slot), you have a small chance of doing 25% extra damage on a hit. This chance varies with your Agility level and maxes out at 12% at 99 Agility. So at most, this gives it a 3% damage boost over the virtus book, which has identical stats otherwise.
The attuned crystal orb will revert to seed after 50,000 charges of combat, but uses two charges per hit except while within Prifddinas, where it uses one charge per hit. The amount of coins needed to repair a partially degraded attuned orb is scaled linearly to your current creation cost of a normal crystal weapon/armour seed. This reduces with each creation, starting at 1,000,000 coins, and decreasing by 200,000 with each creation, until five or more creations - where a creation/full repair will costing 200,000 coins. However, the attuned orb cannot be repaired for coins if it is fully degraded, as it reverts to seed and has to be re-created with harmonic dust.
This weapon can be stored using a keepsake key, but only when newly made/repaired - used versions will need to be repaired first.
|Method||1 crystal enchantment||2 crystal enchantments||3 crystal enchantments||4 crystal enchantments||5+ crystal enchantments||Ithell singing bowl|
|Item(s) consumed||1,000,000 × Coins||800,000 × Coins||600,000 × Coins||400,000 × Coins||200,000 × Coins||1,000 × Harmonic dust[uc 1]|
|Total GE Price||1,000,000||800,000||600,000||400,000||200,000||611,080|
|Average rate[uc 2]||72,000||57,600||43,200||28,800||14,400||43,998|
|High rate[uc 3]||144,000||115,200||86,400||57,600||28,800||87,996|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||240,000||192,000||144,000||96,000||48,000||146,659|
- ^ Item is not tradeable on the Grand Exchange. Using calculated value.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
Comparison with other magical weapons[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- The PvP death value of crystal weapons and shields has been revised.
- patch 2 February 2015 (Update):
- Crystal mage weaponry is now listed under the Weapons tab in the Magic skill guide.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The harmonic dust cost to create attuned weapons and shields has been reduced.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Attuned weapons and armour now degrade to seed rather than to dust.
- Before 5 January 2015, attuned crystal weapons degraded to dust instead of reverting back to a seed.