A crystal fishing rod is a crystal tool that increases the success rate when fishing by 5% when wielded. Its effect stacks with perfect juju fishing potions and the fury shark outfit.
The ability to craft the rod must be purchased for 3,000 crystal urchin points from the Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing Shop, indirectly requiring level 90 Strength, Ranged, Agility, and level 93 Fishing if not using temporary boosts.
After purchasing the ability, a crystal rod can be obtained from a crystal tool seed, (Grand Exchange price 65,913 coins) by either:
The rod has 1,000 charges, and one is consumed per fish caught. Outside Prifddinas, charges are used up twice as fast, lasting for 500 fish instead.
Once all of a crystal fishing rod's charges have been used it will revert into a crystal tool seed. The rod can be re-crafted with a crystal tool seed and 150 harmonic dust at a singing bowl. The tool seed can be recharged by Ilfeen, Eluned, Islwyn, or Rhodri Dail for a cost that starts at 510,000 coins but decreases by 102,000 every enchant, to a minimum of 102,000 coins. Players may also talk to Ilfeen, Eluned, Islwyn or Rhodri Dail if they wish to turn their rod back into a seed.
||Cost for re-enchantment
|Fifth and thereafter
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 19 October 2015 (Update):
- Increased cost to enchant, in order to match its increased charges compared to other crystal tools. The cost ranges from 102k to 510k, depending on previous use of Eluned's chanting services.
- ninja 24 August 2015 (Update):
- Crystal tools no longer report an incorrect remaining charge.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The harmonic dust cost to create crystal tools at a singing bowl and Eluned's coin fee to create or recharge crystal tools has been greatly reduced.
- Before an update on 19 October 2015, the crystal fishing rod had the same creation price as other crystal tools, costing between 1,500 to 7,500 coins to create from a crystal tool seed. However, the cost of recharging a partially degraded crystal rod was based on current recharge prices. The enchanting cost from seed to rod was changed to the current prices due to a claim that the rods last much longer than other crystal tools.
- Despite the change in gold cost, the harmonic dust cost was left the same as other crystal tools. However, for most, it's still a larger opportunity cost to use harmonic dust over paying in coins.