|Release||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Familiar size||Unknown edit|
|Abilities||Forager - cockatrice eggs
Special attack drains target's Defence -3
|Special moves||Petrifying Gaze|
|Examine||If looks could kill... Oh wait, they do!|
|Life points||Max hit|
|Immune to poison||Yes|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The spirit cockatrice is a level 43 Summoning familiar. It is summoned by using a Spirit cockatrice pouch, which will give you 0.9 Summoning experience. It can find and store Cockatrice eggs for you as per its scavenging ability. In the time that it exists, a single Spirit Cockatrice will usually produce about 3-8 cockatrice eggs.
Spirit cockatrice pouch[edit | edit source]
|88 ( 2,200)||118
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||8,876||62 (1,550)||50|
|I can summon a spirit cockatrice familiar with this.|
A spirit cockatrice is created by using a pouch on an obelisk with one green charm, 88 shards and a Cockatrice egg in the inventory. This requires at least level 43 Summoning. Making the pouch grants 75.2 Summoning experience, and converting it into Petrifying Gaze scrolls grants another 12.5 experience.
Petrifying Gaze scroll[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||4 (100)||50|
|A scroll for a cockatrice variant familiar.|
Petrifying Gaze[edit | edit source]
The Spirit cockatrice has a special attack called Petrifying Gaze, which damages an opponent and drains their Defence level by 3. Petrifying Gaze scrolls can be used with any variant of the cockatrice; however, each variant drains a different combat stat.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trice variants[edit | edit source]
Spirit trices have a total of 7 variants. Each variant requires slightly different pouch components, and each variant's special attack affects a different combat stat. The differences are as follows:
- Spirit cockatrice: drains Defence, pouch requires a Cockatrice egg (a chicken egg incubated by a Spirit cobra or a common drop from a Cockatrice)
- Spirit saratrice: drains Prayer, pouch requires a Saratrice egg (a blue bird's egg incubated by a Spirit cobra)
- Spirit guthatrice: drains Attack, pouch requires a Guthatrice egg (a green bird's egg incubated by a Spirit cobra)
- Spirit zamatrice: drains Strength, pouch requires a Zamatrice egg (a red bird's egg incubated by a Spirit cobra)
- Spirit pengatrice: drains Magic, pouch requires a Pengatrice egg (a Penguin egg incubated by a Spirit cobra)
- Spirit coraxatrice: drains Summoning, pouch requires a Coraxatrice egg (a Raven egg incubated by a Spirit cobra)
- Spirit vulatrice: drains Ranged, pouch requires a Vulatrice egg (a Vulture egg incubated by a Spirit cobra)
The Spirit cobra incubates the eggs by using the Ophidian Incubation scroll. Coloured bird's eggs and raven eggs can be found in certain bird's nests. Penguin eggs can be obtained from the penguin keepers at the Ardougne zoo. Vulture eggs can be obtained by killing Vultures in the Kharidian desert.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the spirit cockatrice had a right-click ability that inflicted damage to an enemy and drained a combat stat, costing Summoning points.
- The spirit trices are one of only five summoning familiar groups with a shared scroll ability, the others being the following:
- The Titan's constitution scroll, which is shared by the Fire titan, Moss titan, and Ice titan.
- The Call to arms scroll, which is shared by the Void Torcher, the Void Shifter, the Void Ravager, and the Void Spinner.
- The Bacon blast scroll, which is shared by the Spirit war pig, Spirit prayer pig, and Spirit pack pig.
- The Annihilate scroll, which is shared by the Smoke nihil, Shadow nihil, Blood nihil and Ice nihil.