Light creature (familiar)
|Release||10 November 2014 (Update)|
|Abilities||• 10% chance to convert divine memories into enhanced experience|
|Examine||A being comprised entirely of light.|
|Life points||Max hit|
|Immune to poison||No|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Light creatures are level 105 combat Summoning familiars. They have a 10% chance to instantly convert Divination memories into enhanced experience. When the instant memory conversion activates on a harvest, the energy for that gather is lost.
On top of the above - Light creature provides players with a chance to crush memories when doing divination in Hall of Memories - giving quadruple experience but not filling up the jars.
Using a Light Creature scroll (Enlightenment) increases the usefulness of the Light creature familiar by providing the player with benefits to agility, divination, and Tears of Guthix.
Light creature will only fight when it is attacked.
Light creature pouch[edit | edit source]
A light creature pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 204 spirit shards, a blue charm and a Light core in the inventory, and level 88 Summoning. Making the pouch earns 771.6 experience points. Using the pouch to summon a Light creature gains 9 experience points, and costs 100 Summoning points. Each pouch summons a Light creature which stays alive for 60 minutes before needing to be re-summoned.
|204 ( 5,100)||6.6
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||5,101||143 (3,575)||88|
|I can summon a light creature familiar with this.|
Light Creature scroll (Enlightenment)[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||14 (350)||88|
|A scroll for a light creature familiar.|
The Light Creature scroll (Enlightenment) grants the player with an enlightened buff, which lasts six minutes. Using a pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates 10 scrolls.
When activated, the enlightened buff lasts six minutes and gives the following effects:
- better rewards on the Hefin Agility Course
- increases the instant memory conversion chance to 50%
- gives a 10% chance of getting double blue tears in Tears of Guthix
In order to gain the benefit at Tears of Guthix, you must summon the familiar and use the special move before talking to Juna, as the familiar will disappear while you are in the cave, only re-appearing when you emerge. The light creature itself gives a handy teleport to Juna.
On average, a light creature familiar with the enlightened buff will give the fastest experience for normal divination training, at the cost of having to bring scrolls and missing out on the energy. If one prefers not to bring and use the scrolls or wishes to collect and keep more energy, a Nightmare muspah should be used instead.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Tirannwn achievements
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- Light creatures familiar options will no longer re-appear after completing a lap of the Hefin agility course, if you have hide familiar options ticked.
- ninja 22 August 2016 (Update):
- The nightmare muspah and light creature familiars now have combat versions. (Prior to this light creature used to be a non-combatant.)
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- The requirement to teleport to tormented demons using a light creature familiar has been corrected.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Every now and then the light creature will say "Lum!", a reference to the lums from the Rayman series.