- Not to be confused with Special move points which are used to activate a familiar's special move.
Summoning points are related to the Summoning skill level. When summoning a familiar, Summoning points are reduced by the Summoning point cost for that familiar. While familiars are summoned they drain Summoning points slowly over time until the player's Summoning points reach 0, similar to when a prayer is used. Over the life of the familiar, the number of Summoning points drained will be equal to the level required to summon the familiar times 10 (or until it reaches zero).
This means that if a player summons a bunyip with 75 Summoning points remaining, 70 points will be drained immediately, and 610 more will be drained over the life the bunyip, for a total of 680 points (10x the level of the bunyip). However, the familiar is not dismissed when the player's points reach 0. It will stay summoned and can perform all of its normal activities except for right-click abilities. This means with 70 points remaining, the player can summon another bunyip and keep it for the full 44 minutes. When your familiar's timer runs out, you must recharge your Summoning points to summon another familiar.
Additionally, using right-click abilities on a familiar will drain a certain number of Summoning points when activated (e.g. unicorn stallion's cure) unless there are none, and in that case the ability won't work. Do not confuse right-click abilities with Summoning scrolls, which do not drain Summoning points when used, and instead drain Special move points.
Summoning points can be regained by:
- Interacting with an obelisk or small obelisk (full restore)
- Drinking a Summoning potion (70+250% level)
- Drinking a super restore potion (80+250% level)
- Using the once-a-day ability of the Ardougne cloak 4 (full restore)
- Being affected by a advanced pulse core (can boost above maximum)
- Admiring the Throne of Fame located within the Max Guild
If the player has more than their max summoning points, using an obelisk will not lower the points.
The amount of points remaining appears as a bar next to the Summoning icon on the action bar. The bar on the action bar can be clicked to toggle between displaying Summoning points (cyan) or Summoning spell points (green).
The update of 20 August 2018 separated Summoning points from the Summoning skill level (with a multiplication by 10), much like the separation of Life points from the Constitution/Hitpoints skill and Prayer points from the Prayer skill previously.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 10 July 2017 (Update):
- The Summoning bar now displays an alternative colour for Special Move points (not applicable to Legacy mode).