|Release||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Familiar size||Unknown edit|
|Abilities||Beast of Burden (18)|
|Examine||Definitely not teenaged, although the jury is out on its ninja skills.|
|Life points||Max hit|
|Immune to poison||Yes|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The war tortoise is a level 80 combat Summoning familiar that a player is able to summon at level 67 Summoning. The war tortoise has the capability of holding up to 18 items for a player, with a value up to 5 million coins. It is the fourth best general-use Beast of Burden and a common choice for mid- to high-level summoners who can't summon the Pack Yak or Pack mammoth yet.
War tortoise pouch[edit | edit source]
|1 ( 25)||110.2
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||6,458||1 (25)||72|
|I can summon a war tortoise familiar with this.|
A war tortoise pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with a spirit shard, a gold charm and a tortoise shell in the player's inventory. Using the pouch to summon a war tortoise costs 70 Summoning points. If players exchange their war tortoise pouches at Bogrog, they will receive a spirit shard per pouch. Players must also have level 72 Summoning to be able to exchange this pouch.
Testudo scroll[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||1/18 (1)||72|
|A scroll for a war tortoise familiar.|
The testudo scroll enables the use of the testudo special ability for a war tortoise. Using a war tortoise pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates ten testudo scrolls.
Testudo[edit | edit source]
Testudo is a special move of the war tortoise, activated by a testudo scroll. When activated, it temporarily boosts Defence by 8 points. Each use of a Testudo scroll requires 20 special move points.
When used in conjunction with potions and more scrolls, this effect will NOT stack on top of what has already been boosted. Because of this, even players with a war tortoise following them will typically prefer a defence potion, super defence potion or saradomin brew for raising their defence.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 23 September 2019 (Update):
- Using Rover as an override for the War Tortoise will no longer cause the body of Rover to stretch and deform when summoned.
- ninja 5 February 2018 (Update):
- The maximum stack value on a Beast of Burden has been increased from 5m GP to 15m GP.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Testudo is the Latin word for "tortoise", and is a genus of tortoises found in North Africa, Western Asia, and Europe. It is also a battle formation used in Ancient Roman Warfare. Soldiers would use their shields to cover the front and top of the unit to increase defence against incoming arrows.
- The examine text refers to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- War Tortoise may also be a reference to the Pokemon, Wartortle.