|Release||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Familiar size||Unknown edit|
|Abilities||Fishing +4 (invisible)|
|Special moves||Crushing claw|
|Examine||Puts the 'crust' in 'crustacean'.|
|Life points||Max hit|
|Immune to poison||Yes|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The granite lobster can be used for the following things:
- Combat: It has a combat level of 88 and provides Defence experience when it deals damage. In addition, its scroll, Crushing Claw, may inflict up to 964 life points' damage and temporarily decrease an opponent's Defence by five levels.
- Fishing: Grants an invisible +4 Fishing level boost. It does not grant abilities above the player's level (e.g. the ability to catch new kinds of fish). It does, however, increase the success rate of catching fish. Because of its large invisible boost, the granite lobster is fairly popular among players training fishing.
- Forager: While the player is fishing, this familiar has a random chance to forage for raw swordfish and raw sharks, even if the player does not have the necessary level to catch these fish. It also gives the player 10% of the experience for catching the foraged items. It can hold up to 30 of its foraged items in its own inventory. It appears to collect the highest quantity of fish if the player is fishing sharks. One granite lobster often generates 3-13 swordfish and 3-13 sharks, giving 10 xp for each swordfish and 11 xp for each shark foraged.
Granite lobster pouch[edit | edit source]
|166 ( 4,150)||16
|Granite (any size)|
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||5,210||117 (2,925)||78|
|I can summon a granite lobster familiar with this.|
A granite lobster pouch is created by using Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 166 spirit shards, a crimson charm and granite (any size) in the player's inventory. Using the pouch to summon a granite lobster costs 8 Summoning points. Infusing granite lobster pouches is one of the most cost effective ways to 99 Summoning. The "Cost to Make" field assumes that you are buying the cheapest of the three granite sizes, Granite (500g) (which costs 1,059 coins).
Crushing Claw scroll[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||9 (225)||78|
|A scroll for a granite lobster familiar.|
Crushing Claw[edit | edit source]
Crushing claw is the special of the granite lobster, activated by a Crushing Claw scroll. It inflicts up to 964 life points of magic damage and temporarily decreases an opponent's Defence by five levels.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 25 May 2010 (Update):
- patch 3 March 2010 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- One of the conversations with the granite lobster is a reference to the movie Conan the Barbarian.
- A player can make over 400 of these pouches in one trip. This can be done by going to Bogrog with 5 kg granite chunks.